Sewage Backup in Tacoma, WA
Expertise in Handling Raw Sewage
Dealing with a sewage backup or overflow in Tacoma is not just damaging to your property. Raw sewage can also pose serious health risks. Whether it's a sewer backup from a blocked sewer system or water runoff from a storm, ServiceMaster of Tacoma has you covered.
We respond with the right equipment, expert training, and techniques to remove the hazardous wastewater from your home and repair the damages. Our disaster restoration teams understand the urgency of sewage cleanup, and we provide swift and effective solutions to mitigate health risks and property damage.
Uncovering the Root Causes of Sewage Backups in Tacoma
Encountering a sewage backup in your sinks, tubs, or even on your floors can be a distressing situation. Rest assured, our skilled team is equipped with effective solutions to address any sewage backup issue.
The primary culprits behind sewage backups often include:
- Obstructed Sewer Lines. The most prevalent cause stems from clogged pipes. Clogged sewer lines are brought about by accumulating soap, grease, and other debris within the sewer system.
- Intruding Tree Roots. The infiltration of tree roots into sewer lines is another common issue. Tree roots can clog and damage your sewer line.
- Damaged Sewer Lines. The structural integrity of sewer lines is crucial. Any breakage or collapse can result in sewage backing up into your living space.
Germs are invisible. So even if the sewage backup is clear, harmful bacteria are present. As such, you'll need trained experts to remove the waste and clean and disinfect your damaged areas. ServiceMaster of Tacoma is here to help
Our Sewer Backup Cleaning Process
We prioritize the protection of your belongings and offer a safe and efficient solution to eliminate all backup waste. We aim to restore your home to its pre-loss condition as quickly as possible.
Our process includes:
- Sewage Removal. We'll remove the sewage and water to eliminate parasites, bacteria, and viruses.
- Disposal. We'll dispose contaminated furnishings, carpet, and flooring, and, if necessary, other exposed surfaces.
- Dry the Wet Areas. We'll use top-of-the-line equipment, such as professional-grade air movers, to ventilate and dry the affected area.
- Clean and Disinfect. We'll clean and disinfect the affected areas to prevent disease-spreading microbes from spreading.
- Treat Mold and Mildew. We'll treat the affected areas to prevent mold and mildew growth when needed.
- Apply Antimicrobial Protection. We'll apply a long-lasting antimicrobial to protect the area from bacteria and fungi.
- Continuous Support and Communication. Ongoing guidance and support from our industry-leading team with over 40 years of experience. We're responsive and will provide constant communication throughout your service.
Contact Us Today!
ServiceMaster of Tacoma is a disaster restoration leader and is our industry's go-to advisor. Our team is available 24/7 to respond to your emergency, and we provide a trusted level of residential water damage cleanup, repair, and restoration.
Dealing with a sewage backup in Tacoma can be distressing and risky to your health. Thankfully, we’re here to help and know exactly what happens next.