Residential Mold removal in Alexander
protect your home and health
If you find mold in your home, it’s important to get it removed as quickly as possible! Not only is mold unsightly and unsanitary, but it can also have a significant impact on the air quality of your living space. Left unchecked, mold growth can cause chronic health issues for those living in your home as well as damaging the structure of your home or whatever other surfaces the mold grows on.
At ServiceMaster Restoration by Advanced - Alexander, our team specializes in mold treatment and removal solutions to give you the peace of mind that comes with knowing your home is safe and mold-free. We understand how scary it can be when confronted with potential mold exposure, which is why our team of experienced experts are here to provide support throughout the entire process. From inspecting your home for any detectable signs of mold to providing quick and effective solutions, we're committed to delivering excellent mold removal service as well as outstanding results every time.
Common signs of mold
Mold grows and thrives in wet and moist areas in your home. It can be hard to spot mold, as even the most spotless and clean homes may have mold lurking in unexpected places.
Common signs of mold include:
- Musty odor, rotten smell, since mold fertilizes in damp, humid conditions and thrives in dark spaces
- Discoloration on walls or ceilings around window sills and bathtubs, or even see small clusters of black, gray or green spots on the walls and surfaces
- Water damage where moisture could accumulate — like under carpeting or around pipes
- Tarnished tiles
- Fungus in the furniture
- Allergy or asthma flare ups
- Persistent cough or cold
Mildew damage and Mold present in the home means that there are tiny spores that float through the air. Left unattended or untreated, it can multiply quickly, leading to severe health issues for your loved ones and structural damage to your home. ServiceMaster routinely provides mold remediation services for customers impacted by water damage, storm damage, and other residential disasters. No matter the cause, we can help!
Mold removal Process
After discovering the source and type of mold, we begin mold remediation by sanitizing and deodorizing your property and your affected belongings. Our trained professional will use specialized mold removal products.
Our procedures include:
- Inspection to find mold source
- Containing affected areas
- Removing all mold damage
- Cleaning walls
- Upholstery Cleaning
- Furniture and other contents in your home
We provide professional Carpet Cleaning services to refresh and remove any related mold, Odor Removal or stains. We are available 24 hours, 7 days a week for our customers. We will respond immediately to assess potential mold damage.
If you suspect mold in your home, contact our team online immediately to prevent greater spread or damage from mold!
Mold Removal Tips
Finding mold in your home can be an overwhelming experience and process, which is why we have an experienced mold removal team on standby ready to help at any moments notice.
Whether your waiting for a professional or trying to complete a DIY on mold removal, here are some tips to help you treat mold, remove mold damage, and keep you safe!
Follow these 8 tips for mold:
- Protect Yourself - Put on personal protective equipment (gloves, mask, goggles) to protect your eyes, nose, mouth, and skin.
- Toss - Take it out! Anything that was wet with flood water that can’t be cleaned and dried in 24 to 48 hours should be taken outside. Take photos of discarded items for filing insurance claims.
- Air It Out - Open all doors and windows when working, and leave as many open as you safely can when you leave.
- Circulate - When electricity is safe to use, use fans and dehumidifiers to remove moisture.
- Don't Mix Cleaners - If you use cleaning products, do not mix cleaning products together. DO NOT mix bleach and ammonia together it will create toxic vapors.
- Scrub Surfaces - Clean with water and detergent. Remove all mold you can see. Dry right away.
- Don’t Cover It, Remove It - Painting or caulking over mold will not prevent mode from growing. Fix the water problem completely and clean up all the mold before you paint or caulk.
- Dry It Up - Dry your home and everything in it as quickly as possible, within 24 -48 hours if possible.
Symptoms of mold sickness
If mold or mildew damage is found in your home it is essential to contact a professional immediately, as mold can present severe health problems such as "mold sickness" to you and your loved ones.
Common symptoms of mold exposure and sickness include:
- Asthma-like breathing problems
- Sinus congestion
- Coughing, sneezing, or sore throat
- Red or itchy eyes
- Skin rashes
If you experience any of these symptoms, contact our team before they get much worse! We can inspect your home and get you the help you need, as we are here to help you every step of the way to make sure your home is safe and healthy again.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Kills Black Mold on Wood?
The presence of black mold on wood, in addition to being unaesthetic, can be a threat to the health of those living in the home, so it should be addressed as soon as the problem is detected.
Mold stains growing on wood furniture or surfaces are a common problem in many residences where humidity levels tend to be high. Although mold can sprout anywhere, it is most often found on cabinets, porous surfaces, ceilings, walls and windows.
If you want to kill the mold yourself on wood, be sure to wear protection, including a respirator mask, gloves and safety goggles. Some remedies to kill black mold on wood are:
Dishwashing soap and warm water. This is the simplest solution to fight light mold problems. You can leave these products acting on the mildew stains for a few minutes and then use a brush.
Use vinegar diluted with water. Vinegar kills a high percentage of mildew types, so it can be a good remedy. Do a small test on the wood to check that it doesn't leave stains, and then you can put vinegar in a spray bottle with water and spray it on the affected surface. After a few minutes you can use a brush to clean it.
If none of the above solutions worked for you, you can use borax. You should mix it with water, apply it, and use a brush to scrub the entire area. You do not need to remove the excess borax, as it will work better against the mold if you leave it on.
If the black mold is on a piece of furniture that you can move, it is best to move the furniture outside. If you place it in a place where it receives direct sunlight, it will be even better. This will prevent the mold from spreading to other surfaces and help make the cleanup more effective.
If you have a black mold problem on your furniture or other wood surfaces, you should check that the mold is not also found in other places such as on the walls or in the bathroom. If you find that there is more mold elsewhere, you should take action and remediate the mold problem in your home as soon as possible. Certain conditions, such as poor ventilation, high temperatures, and high humidity, cause black mold to spread more rapidly.
If the amount of mold is significant or the problem is getting worse in your home, it's time to call in professionals to fix the problem safely and efficiently. At ServiceMaster's, we've been fixing black mold problems near you for years, so contact us before the problem gets bigger!
For more information on mold removal treatments, dial (501) 290-4047 or contact us online for help today!