Water Damage Restoration in Downers Grove, IL
Emergency Water Damage Mitigation & Repair Services Near You
A surprisingly common yet incredibly inconvenient problem many homeowners face is water damage. It can happen for many reasons–from malfunctioning appliances to burst pipes, drain blockages, and faucet leaks. Some issues are visible immediately, while other situations remain hidden for a while until structural damage occurs or mold begins to spread.
Professional Water Remediation Services
If you’re experiencing water damage, it’s wise to call professionals to ensure water remediation takes place and all areas are checked for safety quickly. The faster you receive help, the lesser your expenses and damages may be. That’s why people call ServiceMaster DSI. Our team of experts is on standby to rapidly assist and restore your possessions and home.
Nationally Recognized Brand
We’re a local resource with backing from a nationally reputable brand with over six decades of experience helping people get back to normal. No two situations are the same, which is why our professionals are ready to tailor our time-tested processes to fit your recovery needs.
What Happens if You Ignore Water Damage?
In some cases, you may think your problem is minimal enough to mop up and move on. However, there are critical factors to keep in mind. Something seemingly minor could be harboring a more complex problem, such as:
- Impacting structural components of your home
- Providing an environment for toxic mold growth
- Musty, mildew odors that won’t dissipate
- Permanent water damage stains
- Unseen electrical damages
- An underlying source of the issue such as roof leaks
- Increasing water bills from an unseen source
- Cracks in your home’s foundation
Prevent Future Water Damage with Effective Moisture Control
At ServiceMaster DSI - Downers Grove, we understand the importance of not only restoring your property after water damage but also preventing future incidents. Moisture control is a crucial aspect of preventing water damage and mold growth in your home or business.
Our experienced water damage restoration experts in Downers Grove can provide effective moisture control solutions tailored to your specific needs. By addressing the root causes of moisture buildup and implementing preventive measures, we can help you avoid costly repairs and potential health hazards.
Benefits of effective moisture control include:
- Preventing water damage from recurring
- Minimizing the risk of mold growth
- Preserving the structural integrity of your property
- Improving indoor air quality
- Protecting your belongings from moisture-related damage
Whether you've recently experienced water damage or want to proactively safeguard your property, our licensed and insured water damage restoration experts are here to assist you. Contact us today to learn more about our moisture control services and schedule a consultation.
Licensed & Insured Water Damage Restoration Experts in Downers Grove
If you suspect or find water damage, don’t ignore it. Having restoration services done by licensed and insured professionals can save you time, money, and hassle in the long run. Our team will ensure your problems are addressed in their entirety. We’ll work with you to navigate any insurance claims and restore damages, so you’re set up well for the future.
Frequently Asked Questions about Water Damage Restoration
How long does the water restoration process take?
Typically, water removal and drying takes about 2-4 days. However, if the damage is extensive and the water has penetrated more deeply into your furniture and structure of your home, the process could take several weeks. Seek help from our water damage restoration company as soon as possible.
Should I have my home checked for moisture even if it feels dry?
Yes. The drying process can be misleading because there could be moisture deep within your furniture, walls and floors despite feeling dry to the touch. Unchecked, this moisture can lead to mold that damages your property from within. The only way to know for sure if your home is dry is to have water restoration experts use specialized tools to measure moisture levels.
What causes mold growth?
Some of the most common causes of mold growth include:
- Spoiled food sources - if you have old food in the pantry, refrigerator or garbage, mold can develop if it sits there for too long
- Moisture Exposure - exposure to moisture is one of the fastest ways to develop a mold problem. In the case of a water disaster, it's important to facilitate an expert-level drying process. Take note of moist areas in the home, as it could be the starting point for mold growth
- Increased Oxygen - like most living things, mold can’t grow without oxygen. Make sure to keep food or other items sealed air tight if required