Mold Removal IN LAS VEGAS, NV
Mold Specialist Near You
Mold growth is always concerning to find on your property because of the potential for structural damage and health issues. Mold often occurs after water damage because of the excess moisture and water.
Building materials like drywall and wood contain cellulose, a common food source of mold, so mold often grows on these materials. It can take mold less than 48 hours for mold to continue spreading throughout your entire home, causing permanent damage if not properly removed.
At ServiceMaster EMT, our team provides mold removal services for homes and businesses in Henderson, NV. Our technicians are highly experienced in all mold removal, making sure that no trace of mold is left behind. They also execute efficient repairs and refits on property or materials recently affected by mold, so as to ensure a safe and healthy environment for you and your family.
If you've found mold damage in your home, Give us a call at (702) 842-2262 or contact us online to schedule mold inspection in Henderson today!
Mold eats away at affected materials and surfaces, so it will eventually destroy the drywall or wood that it is growing on. This causes the affected surfaces and materials to weaken and experience structural damage. Mold has a strong, pungent odor that may linger in the building if the source is left to fester for a long period of time.
Residents of the building may experience infections and allergic reactions if they are exposed to mold growth. Common allergic reactions include skin irritation, headaches, nasal congestion, coughing, and itchy eyes and throat. Respiratory infections are a greater risk for those who are frequently exposed to mold.
Those with weak immune systems like the elderly and young children are more vulnerable to mold-related illnesses and the potential health problems will only worsen if you do not remove the mold on your property.
Mold Removal Process
Our restoration contractors will remove mold from your property with the best cleaning products and equipment in the industry. We will also repair or replace all personal belongings and materials damaged by mold growth.
Our mold removal technicians will:
- Identify the mold’s source
- Extent of the damage caused by mold
- Contain mold to prevent it from causing further damage
- Locate and remove the moisture source
- Restore or replace all damaged surfaces and materials
- Decontaminate the entire area
Be sure to call ServiceMaster EMT if you find mold growth on your property. You will prevent additional damage to your health and building if you act now.
Get rid of Mold in your home today! Dial (702) 842-2262 or contact our team online for mold removal in Henderson.
Dealing with Mold Until Professionals Arrive
If you've found mold in your home, don't panic! The first step is to find a mold removal specialist near you and to set up an inspection. In the meantime, you can begin taking preventative steps to limit mold damage and contain it until a professional arrives.
Preventive steps to take:
- Keep the affected area free from moisture and humidity (turn off HVAC system in home)
- Avoid contact with the affected material or area as much as possible to prevent further damage
- Determine water source to prevent mold problems
- Don't touch mold
- Leave items in the areas where mold is present
- Wash clothing that is contaminated by mold with hot water and detergent
- Don't let loved ones and pets near area of mold
With prompt action, you can keep you and your loved ones safe while also helping mitigate the spread of mold in your home.
Our team at ServiceMaster EMT will arrive quickly to assess and begin the mold removal process, as we are dedicated to making sure your home is free from this hazard.
What are signs of mold sickness?
The presence of mold in the home can have serious health consequences. Those that spend significant time in environments containing mold may begin to show signs of what is referred to as "mold sickness," a condition which can be difficult to diagnose due to its similarity to other illnesses.
Among the most common symptoms of mold sickness are:
- Brain fog
- Headaches and migraines
- Sinus irritation
- Skin irritation
- Itchy eyes, nose and throat
- Dry, scaly skin
In order to better ensure your health and well-being, it is advised that you treat any visible areas of mold quickly and contact a qualified professional if you suspect your home may contain areas where mold may grow undetected.
Dial (702) 842-2262 orcontact us online to learn more about our mold treatment options!
What kills black mold on wood?When dealing with black mold on wood surfaces, it's important to take proper precautions and use effective methods to remove and kill the mold. Here are a few options for killing black mold on wood:- Vinegar: White vinegar is a natural and effective solution for killing mold. Fill a spray bottle with undiluted vinegar and generously spray the affected wood surface. Let it sit for several hours or overnight to allow the vinegar to penetrate and kill the mold. Wipe the surface clean with a damp cloth. Repeat the process if necessary.- Borax: Borax is a natural mineral that can kill mold and inhibit its growth. Mix one cup of borax with one gallon of water and apply the solution to the mold-infested wood using a sponge or spray bottle. Scrub the surface gently with a brush to remove the mold. Allow the wood to dry thoroughly. Ensure proper ventilation during the process.- Hydrogen Peroxide: Hydrogen peroxide is an effective mold-killing agent. Use a 3% concentration hydrogen peroxide solution and apply it directly to the mold-infested wood using a spray bottle or cloth. Allow it to sit for 10-15 minutes to penetrate the mold. Wipe the surface clean with a damp cloth and allow the wood to dry completely.- Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil has antifungal properties that can help kill black mold. Mix 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil with 1 cup of water and apply the solution to the affected wood surface using a spray bottle. Allow it to sit for a few hours before wiping the surface clean. Ensure proper ventilation during and after application.