Mold Remediation in San Antonio
Most people assume that if a home is relatively clean, there’s no chance of mold growth. Some people don’t realize that mold is naturally occurring, and most buildings already have low mold levels. The good news is if you discover a mold infestation, ServiceMaster Restoration by Xtreme Clean is ready to help!
We offer mold inspection and remediation services in San Antonio that include:
- Assessing foundation and structural components
- Dehumidifying and deodorizing the room
- Removing undamaged items for storage
- Separating salvageable belongings for cleaning later
Our experienced and highly trained San Antonio mold removal professionals inspect your property to locate mold at the source and use eco-friendly products to disinfect hard and soft surfaces. You can rest assured that when you hire us to complete mold removal, we’ll be discrete, professional, and respectful throughout the entire process.
What Causes Mold Growth?
Buildings of any size can contain mold, as this pollutant can grow on almost any surface after about 24-48 hours. Mold can attach itself to your clothes and shoes and find a humid, moist area to begin its lifecycle.
You may have a mold issue if you recently experienced:
- Water damage – Recent water damage from a flood can bring bacteria into your San Antonio home that triggers mold growth when combined with humidity.
- High humidity – Interior humidity levels shouldn’t exceed 70% because that’s the perfect environment for mold to thrive.
- Roof leaks – When your home is exposed to external elements, mold spores can find their way inside and start multiplying.
- Sump pump malfunctions – Sump pumps are supposed to redirect water away from your home. However, a malfunctioning sump pump can be an ally that creates standing water and causes mold to grow.
- HVAC issues – HVAC issues can cause poor indoor air quality and attract pollutants like mold spores that just need a sufficient surface to start growing.
One of the worst things about mold is that it can grow in your ducts, walls, ceilings, floors, foundation, insulation, etc. This is why you need a restoration professional to accurately, thoroughly, and quickly handle mold remediation in San Antonio.
The Dos & Don’ts of Mold Removal
We don’t recommend DIY mold remediation. Still, before we’re able to arrive on the scene to assess the damage and locate the mold source, there are a few dos and don’ts you should be aware of.
- Wear PPE (personal protective equipment) inside to avoid inhaling mold spores.
- Keep ductwork and the rest of your home clean to deter mold growth.
- Remove standing water with a shop vac to eliminate a potential mold source.
- Regulate the humidity levels inside your San Antonio home.
- Don’t use bleach to clean mold. You might spread it around instead of killing it.
- Don’t touch, poke, or disturb mold if you find it. You could trigger a release of mycotoxin (natural mold toxins that can cause coughing, sneezing, and headaches)
- Don’t let children or pets get near it.
- Don’t try to paint over it or cover it up.
If you ever discover mold, the best thing you can do is allow our professional San Antonio mold remediation specialists to take care of it for you.