Memphis Mold Damage Services
Almost nothing can make your home feel less like a sanctuary than discovering mold. Unfortunately, mold spreads as soon as 24 hours after finding an adequate place to thrive. That means, by the time you’ve discovered it, it’s had time to make itself at home in your space. To keep the damage from worsening, allow ServiceMaster by Cornerstone to help with mold remediation and damage restoration services in Memphis.
Because mold is naturally occurring, you already have low levels that aren’t harmful to you or your loved ones. It isn’t until humidity or bacteria create the perfect environment for mold to grow that you have a mold infestation on your hands.
Our local Memphis restoration service experts are backed by a legacy of six decades, helping residential customers, just like you, reclaim their homes. We employ proven methods and use state-of-the-art equipment to remove mold, repair any damage, and try to keep it from returning.
How to Get Rid of Mold on Walls
Depending on how severe the mold growth is on the walls of your home, you might be able to get rid of it. Unfortunately, if your walls utilize porous materials such as bathroom tiles, then it is likely that they will need to be replaced. However, if it is made of non-porous materials such as plaster or sheetrock, and you noticed mold growth in its early stage, it is possible to remove the mold yourself.
Get rid of mold growth on non-porous surfaces in your home by doing the following:
- Clean the surface with a solution made up of detergent and water. Use a sponge or brush to wipe away the mold. Let it dry completely.
- Follow up with a solution of water and bleach -- mix ¾ cup of chlorine bleach to a gallon of warm water. While wearing rubber gloves, use a sponge or brush to apply the mixture to the mold stains on the wall. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- After the water-bleach mixture has sat for 5 minutes, scrub the wall, rinse it, and let it air dry.
If the mold growth is severe or you or your loved ones are allergic to mold or have a sensitive respiratory system, it is better to have a Memphis mold removal expert on your side. Reach out to our team ServiceMaster by Cornerstone to schedule an appointment today to get rid of mold on your walls.
Mold Damage Services Available 24/7
Our restoration service company is different from others in the area because we’re available to support you day and night. It only takes a few hours for mold to spread, so there’s very little time to waste, which is why we can answer your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We offer you a mold removal process that includes:
- Inspecting your property to locate moisture sources and repair the issue immediately
- Assessing structural damage caused by mold and fortifying damaged areas
- Containing the mold infestation by blocking off rooms to keep you and your loved ones safe from mold exposure
- Dehumidifying and deodorizing all affected areas to improve air quality and remove any lingering foul odors
Rest assured that our Memphis mold damage specialists will deliver a customer-focused experience and superior quality results that you’ll be happy with.
Get started by calling (901) 459-3675 or contacting us today.