Mold Removal in Saint Charles, MO
Mold Remediation Near You
Mold is often very easy to identify and occurs in areas exposed to a lot of moisture. While we can utilize sophisticated equipment to identify a mold problem, most people will determine that they have a mold problem because they see mold, see moisture, smell mold, have experienced water damage or are currently experiencing some health issue often associated with the presence of mold.
Dial (636) 251-5301 or contact us online to schedule your mold inspection in St Charles, MO today!
Common Signs Of Mold
- Stains - Visible mold damage is usually easy to detect. Mold typically comes in the form of a slimy, greenish-black colored, gelatinous mold substance with a wet layer on top. However, you may also find dry and powdery mold which occurs when mold has lost its water source.
- Moisture - Even when mold does not appear to be present in your home, if you see a lot of condensation, this is a sign that you have a high amount of moisture and, consequently, may have a mold problem. Condensation is often most noticeable on surfaces like mirrors, windows or metal pipes, but its presence on these surfaces is indicative that it is also present in materials that support mold growth.
- Odor - Hidden mold colonies will usually alert you to their whereabouts as mold has a distinct, musty odor.
- Past Water Damage - If your home or business has experienced major water damage or been flooded in the past and not restored properly, it is likely that mold may still be present. Water damage and floods often lead to environments where mold is growing out of view...behind walls, in the ceiling or under floors.
- Health Issues - Even if you aren’t sure if you see black mold on your property, there can also be other physical symptoms of toxic mold that may be cause for concern. Common physical symptoms of black mold include: respiratory issues, sin irritation and inflammation, mental impairment, tiredness, and nausea, suppressed immune system, mucous membranes irritation.
Whether displayed out in the open or hidden in your walls, mold testing is a critical step in the process. Mold must be eliminated because exposure can cause mild to severe allergic reactions depending upon each individual in the home.
St. Charles Mold Removal Process
Our mold removal process includes the following:
Assessment: ServiceMaster will conduct a thorough assessment of the mold growth to determine the extent of the damage and develop a customized plan to remediate the mold. We will also identify the source of moisture that is causing the mold growth.
Containment: ServiceMaster will use containment measures to prevent the mold from spreading to other areas of the property. This may involve using negative air machines and sealing off affected areas with plastic sheeting.
Removal: Our team utilizes specialized equipment and techniques to remove the mold from the affected areas. This may include HEPA vacuums, air scrubbers, and antimicrobial treatments.
Cleaning: We will thoroughly clean and sanitize the affected areas to ensure that all mold spores have been removed.
Restoration: ServiceMaster will restore any damaged materials and make any necessary repairs to bring the property back to its pre-loss condition.
Throughout the process, our technicians will take steps to ensure the safety of the property's occupants and prevent any further damage. We will also work with the property owner to develop a plan to prevent future mold growth.
Why Hire ServiceMaster For Mold Remediation
It has been ServiceMaster's privilege to restore homes back to their original condition for over 65 years. Whether it's water damage or fire damage, we can restore it all! In addition to being highly trained disaster restoration professionals, our technicians are also friendly and courteous. We understand how stressful disasters can be, so we strive to put you at ease. With transparent pricing and thorough inspections, we're here for you every step of the way! Find out what sets ServiceMaster apart from the rest by calling us today.
Looking for mold testing near you? Give us a call at (636) 251-5301 or contact us online now!
Is mold dangerous?Mold can be dangerous to your health, especially if you are exposed to it for long periods of time or if you are sensitive to it. Exposure to mold can cause a variety of health problems, including:(1) Allergic reactions: Mold can cause allergic reactions in some people, including sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rashes.(2) Respiratory problems: Exposure to mold can also cause respiratory problems, including coughing, wheezing, and shortness of breath. In some cases, mold exposure can lead to asthma or other respiratory conditions.(3) Headaches: Mold exposure can also cause headaches and other neurological symptoms.(4) Irritation of the eyes, nose, and throat: Exposure to mold can irritate the eyes, nose, and throat, causing redness, itching, and soreness.(5) Infections: In rare cases, mold exposure can lead to infections in people with weakened immune systems.It is important to note that not all mold is dangerous, and some types of mold are more harmful than others. However, any type of mold growth should be taken seriously and addressed promptly to prevent it from spreading and causing health problems.