Residential Water Mitigation in Chicago
24/7 Water Damage Restoration Near You!
Has water invaded your home? Water creeps into every crevice and crack and causes more damage than you may think. ServiceMaster DSI provides water removal for homes, but we also go far beyond that.
We perform dehumidification and full water damage restoration! This can protect your home from lingering effects of water damage, like mold growth. Call ServiceMaster DSI! Count on us for complete and thorough water damage restoration services.
Flood Damage Cleanup for Any Kind of Water Contamination
Water of any severity can cause extensive damage on your property, however, those problems can grow depending on the type of water in your home. Water from pipes and fixtures is typically clean and easier to treat. But water damage after ice damming can require extensive repairs.
However, the situation can become much more complicated when you’re dealing with flood waters or a sewage backup. This water has contaminants such as dirt, bacteria, and other nasty particles that can permanently damage your home.
The Chicago water damage restoration professionals at ServiceMaster DSI are prepared to tackle any type of water damage and return your home to its pre-loss condition.
What you can expect from ServiceMaster DSI residential flood cleanup services:
- Expert, well-trained technicians
- Communication about what and why we do what we do
- Coordination with your insurance carrier
- Fast service 24 hours per day, 365 days per year
- Water extraction
- Dehumidification and moisture monitoring
- Photo documentation
- Deodorize and sanitize
- Temporary power and climate control
- Mold remediation
- Carpet cleaning
If you encounter these problems feel free to give us a call at (773) 729-1757 or fill out a service request form online for more information. ServiceMaster DSI is available around the clock to serve your needs.
Benefits of Water Damage Restoration in Chicago
Whether you experienced a pipe burst or are the victim of flooding or a severe storm, not only can water damage compromise the integrity and structure of your house, but it can also be a health hazard. Excess moisture can develop into mold infestation and stagnant water could attract mosquitos and other insects. If your home has suffered from water damage, it is recommended to obtain professional water damage restoration services.
The following are several benefits of hiring a water damage restoration company in Chicago:
- Fast water removal – When it comes to mitigating water damage, time is of the essence. Professional water damage restoration companies have the special tools and equipment to remove the water from the home as quickly and effectively as possible.
- Reduce total losses and restoration costs – Calling a professional water damage restoration company can ensure the job gets done in a timely manner to save your belongings from being destroyed by water damage and, therefore, minimize your losses.
- Prevent health hazards and mold growth – Mold can start to develop within 48 hours after water damage. Mold can destroy your property and expose you and your loved ones to adverse health risks. Professional water damage restoration also entails mold remediation to ensure a mold infestation does not occur.
Why Choose ServiceMaster DIS - Chicago?
At the end of the day, we're homeowners like you. We completely understand the stress you're experiencing in the midst of water damage. This is why we do what we do. We know what it's like and are the team you can count on to help!
Below are just a few reasons why you can trust us:
- We're locally owned and operated! At the same time, we're backed by a network with more than 40 years of experience in the industry.
- We're available 24/7 to help with your water damage restoration needs!
- Our customers love our services! Our clients praise us for our professionalism, punctuality, and responsiveness.
Learn more about our team on our About Us page! We look forward to helping you any way we can.
Water Damage Restoration | FAQs
How long does it take for mold to grow on wet drywall?
When drywall is exposed to water, it can only take 24 to 48 hours for mold to start growing. If left unattended, it won't take long for mold to quickly spread in your drywall. Within 21 days or so, mold can become visible on your drywall and make matters worse.
How can I tell if a wall has water damage?
Below are a few things to check if you think your walls have water damage:
- Do you see visible wet spots? These will be dark and feel soft to the touch.
- Do you see brown or yellow colors on your walls? These indicate areas of your walls that got wet before. It's important to give us a call so we can help locate and fix the cause.
- Do you see bubbling or blistering paint? Water-damaged walls and ceilings will cause paint to not adhere properly to your surfaces. Don't pop these or burst them as they could be holding water.
Don't panic if you notice any of these signs of water damage! Help is just a phone call away. And for your convenience, we're available 24/7.