Water Damage Restoration
Water can cause a great deal of damage to a home if it is not properly managed. Water can seep into walls and floors, leading to mold growth or structural weakening. It can also corrode electrical wiring, which increases the risk of fire hazards. In addition, water that accumulates in certain areas may attract pests such as rodents or insects which further damages the home's structure and integrity. To prevent these issues from occurring it is important for homeowners to regularly inspect their property for signs of water damage and take steps to repair any issues quickly before they worsen over time.
Signs of water damage in the home:
Discoloration on walls or ceilings
Warping and swelling of flooring materials
Musty odors (may indicate water has seeped into carpets, drywall, and other porous surfaces)
Bubbling or peeling paint or wallpaper
Standing pools of water around sinks and tubs due to clogs
Rust spots on appliances such as dishwashers that have been exposed to moisture for a prolonged period
Our Fire Restoration Process
The water restoration process typically involves several steps.
- Water Mitigation: the source of the water must be identified and stopped to prevent any further damage from occurring.
- Inspection: all affected areas should be inspected for structural damages caused by flooding or other sources of moisture intrusion.
- Water Clean-Up: all standing water should be removed using specialized equipment such as pumps and vacuums to ensure a thorough job is done.
- Drying & Dehumidifying: drying processes can begin with dehumidifiers and air movers being used in order to reduce humidity levels in the area while also helping speed up evaporation timescales; these machines will need to run until readings show acceptable levels have been reached before the next step.
- Sanitization: we will sanitize any affected surfaces with antimicrobial solutions designed specifically for this purpose.
- Repairs: once everything has dried out completely, repairs may then take place depending on what kind of damage was sustained during initial flooding or other incidents leading up to restoration efforts taking place
Why Partner with ServiceMaster Cleaning & Restoration by NEK?
Hiring a restoration company like ServiceMaster Cleaning & Restoration by NEK to provide water damage restoration is likely the best route to getting your home back to pre-loss condition. We’re equipped with specialized tools and techniques to quickly remove standing water, dry out wet areas, and repair any structural or cosmetic damages caused by the flooding. In addition, our methods are backed by a brand with 65+ years of experience in helping homeowners like you get life back on track after a disaster.