RESIDENTIAL SMOKE DAMAGE & SOOT REMOVAL SERVICES
Even after a fire has been extinguished, damage to your home and belongings continues. That's why it's so important to call in a professional who knows the right way to deal with soot, smoke and odor to prevent further damage.
Immediately call your insurance company and the professionals at ServiceMaster Restore®
The residue left behind after a fire is a biohazard and can cause health problems if it is not taken care of correctly and thoroughly. We'll quickly assess the damage to find out the costs for fire restoration and examine if there's any additional damage from water or other factors. Once the amount of damage is determined, we'll come up with an estimate for the cleaning and restoration.
How smoke can damage your home
- In just a few minutes smoke can discolor the walls and within a few hours, finishes on kitchen appliances can turn yellow
- Smoke causes etching in glass after just a short time and smoke will tarnish metal quickly
- Ash and smoke can continue to cause damage and corrosion to materials if they are left behind
To ensure superior removal of soot, smoke and odor damage, we:
- Clean the ash residue that builds up on surfaces before it spreads
- Neutralize the odors to keep them from returning
- Remove the troubling reminders of soot, odor and stains from at-risk items such as brass, aluminum, chrome, marble, tile, porcelain, as well as fabrics, upholstery and carpets
- Deodorize the carpets and curtains before they are cleaned
- Use special chemicals that break up the molecules in the smoke to get rid of the odors before dry cleaning your clothing
Clothes and fabrics that have undergone fire damage require a specialized form of cleaning. At ServiceMaster Restore, all our clothing and fabric cleaning is performed by a restoration expert using professional equipment and proven processes. We provide a comprehensive service that includes inventory control and documentation of clothing and textiles, including bedding, window coverings and more. Most of all, we understand what you’re going through and provide the care and integrity you deserve during a stressful time.