Residential Mold Inspection & Removal Services
Protect Your Home & Health from Damaging Infestations
Mold is one of the worst contaminants you can find in your home. Though not always visible or easy to spot, it can silently wreak havoc on your property. Mold can grow anywhere indoors where there are wet or damp surfaces, including on ceilings, wallpaper, wood, drywall, and insulation material. It can begin growing on a wet surface within 48 hours and if left unchecked, can impede your quality of life and put the structure of your home at risk. ServiceMaster Restore® is here to protect your home from mold damage thanks to our mold detection and removal services.
If you see signs of mold in your home, or if you recently had water damage and believe there could be mold growing somewhere, don’t hesitate to give our team a call. We use advanced tools and processes to detect any mold that may be present in your home, and then use specialized chemicals for mold removal. Mold may be everywhere in nature, but it doesn’t belong in your house.
Protect Your Home & Health From Mold
There is no denying that mold is unattractive. Unfortunately, that’s only the start of the problem. In addition to being harmful to the walls, ceilings, and floors of your home, it can also pose a risk to the health of you, your family, and anyone else in your home. It’s important to call our professional mold inspection and removal team at the first sign of a problem to avoid serious damage to your home and health.
Mold infestation can lead to:
Structural damage to foundations, HVAC systems, drywall, roofing, gutters, furnishings, and other areas
Health problems that include headaches, skin irritation, allergic reactions, breathing difficulties, aggravation of asthma symptoms, and more
Can Living in a Home with a Mold Infestation Make You Sick?
Breathing in mold spores can worsen asthma, cause fatigue, and even irritate your lungs and mucous membranes. Individuals with allergies or compromised immune systems should be especially wary of mold infestations. Black mold can produce symptoms similar to illness like coughing, sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes, and skin rashes.
What Is Mold & Where Does it Come From?
Mold is a fungus that can be found in damp or wet areas both indoors and outdoors and is comprised of many different species. Mold spores, which help mold species spread and reproduce, can be carried by water or air to new locations. It generally thrives in wet environments caused by high humidity, slow leaks, floods, or broken pipes. Without moisture, mold cannot survive.
Warning Signs of Mold In Your House
Not sure if you have mold in your home? Some things you should be on the lookout for:
- Dark spots on your floors, walls, or ceilings
- Musty odors of mildew
- Respiratory and allergy issues
- High humidity levels resulting in condensation on glass or metal surfaces
Getting Rid of Mold
Mold removal is not a DIY project you should try to tackle. Efficient and safe removal of these fungi requires the knowledge and experience of a professional team. ServiceMaster Restore is fully prepared to get the job done. Our technicians have completed intensive mold removal training and utilize highly advanced processes for handling mold claims.
If you live in a humid area, have experienced flood damage, or have had leaky plumbing in the past, you may have mold hidden somewhere in your home. The best action you can take is to immediately call a professional. We’ll help make sure your home is always safe and secure – and provide any restoration services needed if we find your structure is at risk.