Hoarding Cleanup In Des Plaines
Providing Hoarding Cleanup near you Since 1986
What is hoarding and why can it be a problem? Hoarding is a complex mental health disorder that makes it difficult for a person to discard or part with possessions. Cleaning the home of a hoarder is a difficult task that requires effective planning, detailed execution and the right equipment, but also people who treat each client with compassion and respect.
Hoarding Cleanup Services Illinois – Wisconsin
A home affected by hoarding can be dangerous, unhealthy or both, and dramatic action is required to address the problem and help the customer get on the road to recovery. ServiceMaster DCS hoarding cleanup has developed a successful clean up services program that uses a proven process to help resolve hoarding situations, large or small.
Our Hoarding Cleanup Services Includes:
- Free Onsite Evaluation and Estimate.
- Clutter Cleaning Specialists.
- Complete Trash Outs.
- Tailored Cleaning Service for Your Particular Needs.
- Recovery of Documents, Sentimental Items, Valuables.
- Delivery of Storage Bins and Filing Boxes.
- Packaging/Transport/Storage of Items.
- Bio-hazard Cleaning Including Animal/Human Waste.
- Roll-off Containers size from 10 to 40 yards.
- Recovery/Disposal of Medications and Sharps.
- Appliance Recycling.
- Donation of Items to Charity of Your Choice.
- Household Hazardous Waste Disposal.
- Deep Cleaning after Trash/Clutter Removed.
- We are not only specialists in the cleaning itself, but also in recovering sentimental items and legal document
THE DANGERS OF HOARDING
According to research, an estimated 2 percent to 5 percent of Americans suffer from hoarding, which is officially recognized as a mental disorder. It can be associated with OCD, anxiety disorder, depression and more. It is dangerous to the hoarder, their loved ones and those living in close proximity.
Here are the top dangers associated with hoarding:
- Fire is the number ONE danger. When there are more contents in a home or building, especially paper, cloth and flammable items, there is more fuel for a fire. Limited access to the home as well as within it. This makes it more dangerous for the inhabitants as well for emergency res-ponders. Not to mention the added danger to neighbors and their homes from the intensely hot, fast burning fire that occurs in these situations.
- Structural damage is another major danger of hoarding. The weight of hoarded items puts added strain on structural supports not made to withstand such excessive loads. Collapses of upper and ground level floors are very common in these situations.
- Injuries are another danger occupants face. Tripping over contents because pathways are too narrow, stacks falling on top of occupants, possibly trapping them. Makes for more injuries and a harder time for emergency personnel to reach the occupant.
Hoarding is not limited to a specific age, race, gender or nationality. Hoarding behavior can begin at early stage in life but is more common in older adults. Hoarder’s are unaware that their living style pose a danger to themselves and to others. They are also unable to change unsafe conditions on their own.
Click here to read about the 5 levels of hoarding, and how they can help differentiate hoarding from clutter. Call ServiceMaster hoarding cleanup Chicago today for help.
Call (847) 957-9746 for hoarding cleanup in Des Plaines.