Eliminate dust mites, allergens and trapped-in soil
Reduce the spread of germs, bacteria, diseases and mold
Reduce the effects of wear, especially in high-traffic areas
Restore the natural, clean appearance and texture of the carpets
Extend the life of the carpets up to several years
PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT
We understand that your home is one of your biggest investments. As carpet is a substantial part of that investment, neglect or improper care can lead to matting, fading, fraying and premature and costly replacement. Regular, thorough cleaning by skilled ServiceMaster Clean professionals can extend the life of your carpet investment, maintaining its rich appearance in an affordable and consistent manner. Our research and development team works to ensure that we are using state-of-the-art products and processes to remove stains and reduce soil levels. We work to your specifications and guarantee the job is done right.
WHAT TO EXPECT
ServiceMaster Clean follows a thorough, five-step cleaning process to ensure both dirt and detergent are cleaned from your carpets using high-powered, truck-mounted equipment.
Inspect, with you, the area to be serviced and review of the total cost of the service.
Apply a pre-spray to the carpet and let it dwell for three to five minutes.
Extract the detergent solution.
Rinse with clear water. This removes any residue that might cause the carpet to re-soil faster allowing for fresh, clean carpets.
Post-treat any spots that might remain.
The technician seals all grout lines to preserve cleanliness and prevent long-term damage.
TIPS FOR CARPET CARE
Vacuuming regularly is the best way to maintain your carpets
Be aware that one pass with a vacuum is usually not sufficient to do a thorough job.
Use rugs or mats at doorways going in and out of your house.
Clean spots and spills quickly with products that do not damage the carpet or cause it to resoil quicker.
Change your air filters regularly.
Rearranging furniture every few months
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Professional carpet cleaning is just pennies compared to the cost of replacing it. Call today to get an estimate from one of our professionals.
- The amount of time will be contingent on the size of the area needing to be cleaned and processes used – low moisture, portable extraction, or truck-mount extraction in terms of efficiencies and time. A highly trained ServiceMaster technician can help you pick a program best meets your needs and schedule.
- The team at ServiceMaster will work with you to schedule a time convenient for you. Our technician will let you know of expected dry times that you will need to be aware of.
- To keep your carpets in your home looking their best, we recommend having your carpets professionally cleaned every 6-12 months depending on traffic. Many carpet manufacturers require professional cleaning to maintain your warranty, so save your cleaning receipts.
- Allow drying time of six to eight hours before you walk on your carpet. It is best to wait two days before placing heavy furniture back onto carpet if not using blocks.
- Depending on the type of carpet we’re cleaning, you may notice a faint scent. This is especially prevalent when cleaning wool carpets. The amount of time it takes for the odor to dissipate is usually within an hour but varies based on air circulation, heat and humidity. A big difference in the way ServiceMaster cleans carpet compared to many of our competitors is that we do not put soap in our rinse water. We pre-spray the carpets, remove the spots, then clean water extract, ensuring we do not leave any soapy residue behind allowing for fresh, clean carpets.
- Yes. Remove breakables from the tops of furniture in the room we will be cleaning. Pick up items from the floor, such as rugs, plants, toys, pet beds, etc. Pre-vacuum all areas to be cleaned.
- To get the best results with professional carpet cleaning, we recommend removing furniture from the rooms we will be cleaning. However, we can place blocks under lighter items such as end tables, coffee tables, dining room chairs, loveseats, chairs and small sofas. Items we clean around instead of moving include beds, armoires, pieces containing china and electronics, exercise equipment and large or heavy sofas.
- Immediately after cleaning, it’s best to allow carpets to dry for at least 8 hours before walking on them. Walking on them may flatten the fibers. When walking on them for the next 8 hours, wear white cotton socks. Use air movers if needed to help air circulation as this will speed up the drying time.
- Our technical experts at ServiceMaster Clean recommend using a clothes steamer to remove the furniture dents. If you do not have a clothes steamer handy, you can use a kitchen towel and an iron. Place a damp towel over the carpet dent. Heat the iron to a medium heat setting then set the iron on the damp towel. You can use the steam button on the iron periodically. Remove the iron and towel to check the carpet. If it is to your liking, use your fingers to fluff the carpet. If the dent still needs work, place the warm iron on the damp towel and repeat. This process is not suitable for carpets made of olefin fiber.