WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION & FLOOD DAMAGE CLEANUP
WE REMOVE THE WATER AND THE WORRY.
Count on ServiceMaster of Charleston for expert guidance, water damage restoration and the experience to fix your water or flood damage fast.
Water Damage Restoration
Mold & Sewage Remediation
Odor & Stain Removal
RESIDENTIAL WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION
APPLIANCE RUPTURES & LEAKS
BURST & LEAKING PIPES
ROOF LEAKS & FAILURES
FLOODED BASEMENT RISING WATERS
CARPET & UPHOLSTERED FURNITURE
DRYING & DEHUMIDIFICATION
OUR 5 STEP DRYING AND WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION PROCESS
INSPECT AND ASSESS
Using state-of-the-art instruments, our certified technicians will inspect your home for damage, identify the source, and outline the work required.
Whether it’s caused by a sudden flood, a burst pipe, or plumbing issue, water damage escalates quickly if not addressed immediately. One of the biggest problems with water disasters is the effect on carpets and floors.
We use dehumidifiers to extract the moisture from the air and expedite the drying process.
Using equipment such as air movers, we help the water to evaporate more quickly.
Our technicians take atmospheric and moisture content readings that indicate if the area is drying, at what rate and what adjustment, if any, need to be made to expedite the trying process and avoid excessive uncontrolled humidity levels.
WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION | CARPET & FLOOR DRYING
One of the biggest problems with water damage disasters is its effect on carpets and floors. ServiceMaster of Charleston understands these issues and provides fast, on-site carpet and wood floor drying.
Here’s what your ServiceMaster of Charleston professional considers when drying carpet:
Age and condition of carpet
If a carpet is so old that it is a better value to replace than attempt restoration, we’ll let you know what makes the best financial sense. ServiceMaster of Charleston uses industry resources to help determine the exact value of carpet.
Length of time carpet was exposed to water
Most carpets can withstand water for up to three days, but immediate response to your loss is critical. In most cases ServiceMaster of Charleston can be at your site within two to four hours.
Type of water
Types of water affect the restoration process.
Clean water: Water from a clean source with no debris.
Grey water: Water that is not necessarily clean but is not hazardous (washing machine and dishwasher overflow, for example).
Black water: Sewage backup or runoff water. These losses are hazardous and should be handled with caution.
The temperature of the water is important to consider. For example, a hot water heater with very warm water will affect the glue used to hold carpet fibers together.
Here’s what we consider when drying wood floors:
- Wood floors are very sensitive, so proper drying is critical.
- Wood naturally holds water–up to 10% depending on the type of floor.
- Wood can absorb another 5% to 10% without showing any noticeable effects. Within a few days, however, floors that cannot hold the water any longer will expand, causing cupping or crowning. Both are very difficult to restore.
- Emergency response is critical for any damage to wood floors.
Residential Water Damage Restoration In Charleston
When you need water disaster restoration in Charleston, the first call you should make is to ServiceMaster of Charleston. Our team of dedicated restoration specialists are dedicated to making homeowners feel confident and hopeful during some of the most trying times of home-ownership.
What is Water Damage Restoration Service?
Water damage restoration is the process of reducing or preventing the amount
of water damage that happens after a flood or due to a leaking roof, or
as a result of any number of water-related problems. By taking fast action,
you can prevent additional damage and cost, with our help.
Whether your water damage is caused by a natural disaster, burst pipes, or a terrible roof leak, our water disaster restoration in Charleston team is on call 24/7 to be able to help you navigate difficult events anytime they occur.
What You Need to Know About Water Cleanup
There are a few things a homeowner needs to be aware of before our water cleanup company in North Charleston arrives on the scene.
Before you enter a room where there is water damage, you should go to the breaker box and turn off power to that room, or the entire house if water damage is widespread. Water is a conduit for electricity and when power is not turned off to the room, electrocution is a risk. This is why ServiceMaster of Charleston also wears personal protective equipment that helps to mitigate risk of electrocution.
Some water damage requires professional cleanup because it is hazardous waste such as sewage back up or hurricane flood waters. This is another area where our expert team at ServiceMaster is ready to jump into action to protect homeowners as well as their property.
Water damage cleanup is an incredibly involved process that can involve many steps. Some of the steps may change depending on the unique situation of each site; however, homeowners will often see these five steps being completed by our water cleanup company in North Charleston.
- INSPECT AND ASSESS– Using state-of-the-art instruments, our certified technicians will inspect your home for damage, identify the source, and outline the work required.
- WATER MITIGATION– Whether it is caused by a sudden flood, a burst pipe, or plumbing issue, water damage escalates quickly if not addressed at once. One of the biggest problems with water disasters is the effect on carpets and floors.
- DEHUMIDIFICATION– We use dehumidifiers to extract the moisture from the air and expedite the drying process.
- EVAPORATION– Using equipment such as air movers, we help the water to evaporate more quickly.
- MONITORING– Our technicians take atmospheric and moisture content readings that indicate if the area is drying, at what rate and what adjustment, if any, need to be made to hasten the trying process and avoid excessive uncontrolled humidity levels.