WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION Services IN DUBUQUE
Professional Water Damage Repair Services Near You
Water damage is serious business. The aftermath of a broken pipe, flooding, or firefighting efforts can quickly damage or destroy flooring, walls, and treasured possessions in a home or business. Water damage is devastating because prolonged standing water serves as a breeding ground for mold and pathogens, especially if the water is tainted or contaminated.
Standing water or moist areas inside a building that aren’t promptly dried out can lead to an infestation of mold. Mold damage can be difficult to remove, and exposure to mold can lead to serious health issues for residents or employees.
Our Dubuque residential restoration services team responds quickly to remove the water, dry the affected area, and begin the cleaning and water damage restoration process as soon as possible.
GETTING WATER OUT OF YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS DUBUQUE, IA
The ServiceMaster of the Key City team understands the importance of quickly responding to water damage so further damage can be minimized. The importance of professional water damage restoration can’t be overstated.
Our team will quickly and effectively conduct water removal, dry affected areas, and begin the restoration process to clean and sanitize the area to prevent the growth and spread of mold and other pathogens.
Once your home or business suffers from water damage due to weather or a disaster, be sure to let water damage restoration professionals take care of the cleanup. Trying to lift tacked-down carpet or removing water with a typical vacuum isn’t a good idea. You can make the situation worse, damage the equipment you have, and potentially injure yourself.
It’s vitally important to stay out of any room that contains standing water until the electricity has been shut off by the proper authorities. Standing water or soaked carpeting can be lethal if it is in contact with a live circuit.
WE MAKE A FLOOD DAMAGE CLEANUP PLAN
When the ServiceMaster of the Key City team responds to a water damage call, we quickly make a disaster action plan that minimizes further damage to get you on the road to recovery as fast as possible. Our cleaning crews in Dubuque provide residential water damage restoration by doing the following.
- We will remove standing water with effective water extraction techniques.
- We will utilize professional-grade equipment to dry out an area damaged by water
- Any personal possessions, books, and furniture will be removed and stored in a safe area so they can be properly dried in a specialized manner.
- If carpeting or flooring is damaged, we’ll inspect the material and let you know if it makes better financial sense to clean and restore it or replace it.
- During the cleaning and restoration process, ServiceMaster of the Key City team members will treat affected areas to prevent mold and other pathogens from growing or spreading.
When it comes to water damage, we’re dedicated to restoring peace of mind by quickly drying damaged areas and working to salvage and restore any personal belongings that got soaked.
How Long After Water Damage Does Mold Grow?
It is essential to address water damage in the home as soon as possible due to the potential for mold growth. Generally speaking, water-damaged materials take approximately 24-72 hours before mold begins to grow and spread.
To prevent further damage, contact our water damage restoration specialists who can identify and remediate water losses, mitigate mold growth, and repair any water-damaged materials within the home. With our expertise, water damage issues can be quickly contained so that the overall structure of your home remains intact and healthy.
If you don't notice water damage until mold has already taken hold, we can help with mold removal and remediation.
Common Signs of Water Damage
Water damage can be incredibly damaging to your home if not addressed in a timely manner. Some of the most common signs of water damage include:
- water spots or stains on the walls or ceiling
- discoloration in the walls or baseboards
- bulging walls
- bubbling or peeling paint
- mold growth
- increases utility bill
Performing water damage restoration is essential to ensure that your home and belongings are kept safe from further damage. If you notice any of these signs of water damage, it is important to act quickly and call a water restoration specialist as soon as possible.
THE RESTORATION PROCESS DEPENDS ON THE TYPE OF WATER DAMAGE
Most types of carpeting are able to withstand water for up to three days. The difference between cleaning and restoration or replacement depends on the type of water (clean, grey, or black water) it was exposed to. Carpet soaked by a broken water pipe (clean water) can usually be cleaned and restored, but carpeting affected by a sewage backup or flood waters (black water) may not be salvageable.
- Sources of Clean Water: Sometimes this is called "white water". This is water that comes out of the tap. It has no added chemicals or waste. It should be free from bacteria and pathogens. A home can be flooded or damaged by water from natural sources as well like ice, snow, or rainwater. If these enter the home without becoming contaminated, they would also be considered clean water.
- Sources of Greywater: Greywater can be understood as a water type that is slightly contaminated, but not as severely as blackwater. An example would be water from a washing machine or water from drainpipes not connected to a toilet.
- Sources of Blackwater: This type of water is basically synonymous with sewage. It is water that with severe contamination or human waste. This is water you flush down the toilet or water from your sewer.
Water temperature also needs to be considered as warm water can deteriorate the glue that holds carpet fibers together, requiring the need to completely replace any affected carpet.
Wood flooring should be dried as soon as possible. Hardwood floors that begin to cup or crown due to water damage are often very difficult to restore once they become more than 10% waterlogged.
Preventing Water Damage in Your Home
While our team at ServiceMaster of the Key City is here to help you when water damage strikes, we also want to help you prevent it from happening in the first place.
Here are some tips to help you prevent water damage in your home or business:
- Maintain regular roof inspections and promptly repair any damage.
- lean your gutters and downspouts regularly, as this helps prevent water from backing up and overflowing.
- Make sure your sump pump is working properly and has a battery backup in case of power outages.
- Check washing machines, dishwashers, and refrigerators for leaks and replace damaged hoses and connections.
- Know where your water shut-off valve is located and how to turn it off in case of an emergency.
- Ensure proper grading around your property to direct water away from your foundation.
- Inspect and maintain the seals on windows and doors to prevent water intrusion during heavy rains.
Implementing these tips can reduce the risk of water damage and protect your home. If you experience water damage, our team is available 24/7 for fast and efficient restoration.