ServiceMaster Restore 101: What Do We Actually Do?
When I meet people, they ask me what I do. When I say I work for ServiceMaster Restore, they ask me what ServiceMaster Restore does. When I say disaster restoration, I often get some blank stares.
When it comes down to it, we fix problems in your house that are too big or complicated to fix on your own. Problems big enough that you have to call somebody and inform your insurance agent.
Some of the time, the problem would be categorized as a disaster. Other times, it would be categorized as more of an inconvenience. We handle disasters, inconveniences, and everything in between.
Here are a couple of scenarios we can help make better:
- The waterline from your washer breaks while you’re on vacation and gallons upon gallons of water flood your house, soaking your flooring, your walls, your things. It’s like a flooded rainforest when you get home.
- The bacon frying on the stove was left unattended and the tasty grease caught on fire and blackened half of your kitchen.
- Your four-year-old decided to make the bathtub into an ocean for their toy boat; except bathtubs overflow. The “ocean” starts seeping through your floor and you feel drips on your head as you’re making dinner.
- A storm tore through your neighborhood and the nice shade tree in your front yard crashed through your roof.
- The unfortunate sight of sewage bubbling up through your bathtub drain; or somewhere else. Sewage bubbling out of places is never a good thing.
Since it’s no fun for you to call a water mitigation expert, a plumber, an electrician, and a general contractor, we take care of all of it for you. We’re a one-stop-shop for property damage.
And, since we wouldn’t want shortcuts and shoddy work done in our home or business, we keep them out of yours. Because rude, cranky people drive us nuts – we stay away from being rude and cranky.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is our business (ServiceMaster Professional Restoration) in a nutshell.