Water Damage Restoration in New Haven County
Professional Water Restoration Services You Can Count On
The once-in-a-lifetime flood happens without warning. When you least expect, water heaters, dishwashers, or washing machines can leak. Frozen pipes can burst. Other plumbing fixtures can overflow. Choose the experienced company that moves fast to stop the damage and restore your home. ServiceMaster Restoration Services understands that water damage to your home can be devastating. Call us and rest assured you have selected the right company to get you back to normal fast. Trust our professional water damage restoration in New Haven.
We Have The Knowledge & Experience To Offer Water Damage Restoration In New Haven You Can Rely On
With over 60 years’ experience, ServiceMaster is a leader in water damage restoration. At ServiceMaster Disaster Restoration Services of New Haven County, we know that water damage happens fast. It needs prompt attention. That’s why we are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We are on-site within 2-to 4-hours to begin any necessary emergency drying. Our advanced products, procedures, and equipment ensure we restore your home fast. Flooded basement? We have proven extraction methods for fast water removal in New Haven and Hamden.
What Is Water Damage Restoration?
Water damage restoration is restoring a property to its pre-loss condition after water damage. This process is complex and may require a high level of experience and expertise depending on the extent of the water damage.
Types of Water Damage
Water damage is a serious issue that can cause extensive damage to both homes and businesses. There are three main types of water damage: clean water, grey water, and black water.
Clean water: Water damage is caused by a broken pipe or a leaky faucet. The easiest type of clean up and results in the least amount of damage.
Grey water: Water damage where the water is contaminated with chemical or biological pollutants. Grey water examples include dishwasher or washing machine overflows, toilet overflows with urine, and sump pump failures. Due to the contamination, it is important to call a professional water damage restoration company to clean this up.
Black water: Water damage caused by water that is highly contaminated with chemical, biological, and physical pollutants. Black water can come from sewage backups, floodwaters, and standing water that has begun grow mold or bacteria. This can pose a health hazard and therefore it is important to call a professional water damage restoration company immediately.
Who to Call in a Flood Emergency
Knowing this order of priorities is essential for your flood emergency response plan:
- Call 911 if you are in immediate danger.
- Once you are in a safe location, you can reach out to friends and family for assistance. It is a good idea to take photos before you leave for insurance purposes.
- Within 24 hours, contact your insurance.
- Find out if you’re in what is officially considered a “disaster area”. You may be able to access more resources this way by calling your local FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) branch.
- Then, you’ll want to get in touch with a water damage restoration company in New Haven.
How ServiceMaster Restores Your Property: Our 10 Step Process
- Emergency response
- Inspection and assessment
- Immediate mitigation action
- Initial equipment set-up
- Water removal and drying process
- Pack out of personal belongings and furniture, area rugs, etc. if needed
- Continuous monitoring of progress
- Adjustments made as needed
- Daily updates to you, the homeowner
- Reconstruction of destroyed walls, floors, etc. as required
- Mold prevention steps taken as needed
- Final cleaning and assessment/measurement of humidity and moisture levels
- Return and set-up of any items removed for preservation and/or cleaning