Residential Mold Remediation in Longview
Licensed & Insured Mold Remediation Professionals
Regardless of how it came to be, if you suspect or find mold growth in your home, now is the time to bring on the professionals. For the safety of your home and family, ServiceMaster Services - Longview will work quickly to find a time that fits your schedule and come by to eliminate the potentially hazardous growth.
Warning signs that indicate potential mold growth are:
- Dark spots on walls or floors
- Musty, mildew odors that linger
- Regular condensation on glass or metal surfaces
- Family members experiencing allergy symptoms or respiratory issues
The faster we can start remediation; the less chance mold has to continue spreading throughout your house. The fungus might belong out in nature, but it shouldn’t be allowed indoors.
Give us a call for mold remediation – we are available 24/7 for emergencies!
What is Mold Remediation?
Mold remediation is both the process of removing mold from your home and the process of eliminating mold, taking steps to prevent further mold growth and sanitizing your home. Essentially, mold remediation removes unwanted mold from your home and then takes resolving the mold problem a few steps further. The mold remediation process involves many crucial steps which usually includes:
- Mold assessment as well as mold type identification
- Containment of the area to prevent mold spores moving
- Removal of mold
- Cleaning the air
- Sanitization of the affected area
Additionally, our experienced team can give you preventive recommendations to help keep your home free from mold. Simply removing mold from your home doesn’t guarantee it will be gone. Without proper cleaning mold can grow back. Mold spores are capable of moving unseen through the air, once they land on a new surface, they can begin to grow new mold. Mold remediation seeks to ensure your home is free from mold as completely as possible and identifies and resolves the original cause of mold growth.
Reliable Mold Removal Process
Unfortunately, mold cannot be removed permanently with DIY methods. To ensure that the indoor air quality is safe, highly trained professionals should be involved. We’re just a phone call away! Of course, we don’t expect you to take our word for it. That’s why we have these local testimonials to share the experiences of other homeowners.
Our mold remediation process involves:
- A thorough inspection of the situation to understand the extent of growth and timeline for recovery
- Transparent pricing before any work begins because we don’t believe in hidden fees or surprise charges
- Antimicrobial treatment that kills existing mold spores, preventing them from continuing to grow
- Moisture detection equipment and advanced inspection tools to determine the source of mold
- Containment of the infestation to prevent it from spreading to other areas of the house
- Air filtration using negative air machines with high efficiency particulate (HEPA) filters
- Removal of any affected material (drywall, insulation, furniture, etc.) and careful cleanup
- Restoration services for materials that were not salvageable to bring everything back to pre-loss condition
How Does Mold Get into Houses?
Some of the common ways that mold gets into houses include:
- Hanging onto clothing, shoes, and pets
- Air conditioning systems and ventilation
- Floating through open doors and windows
- The aftermath of plumbing leaks or pipe bursts
- A result of flood damage from rainfall, natural disaster, or appliance malfunction
- Mold can also grow in excessively humid homes, which is why it’s so important to monitor humidity levels.
Don’t hesitate to reach out for advice and residential mold remediation in Longview!