Commercial Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration in OH
Restore your commercial property after a fire in Cleveland, Akron, Wooster, & nearby
Few things put as much dread in a commercial property owner as fire damage. Every fire is unique in cause and can involve a wide range of complex chemical reactions. Fire can also arise from a wide range of different causes, but while the exact nature of the reactions and the repairs required may alter, fire almost always causes major damage.
While fire damage itself may sometimes be inconsistent, you can always count on our expert team can arrive at the scene quickly to help stabilize the situation and restore your business to working condition. We'll quickly assess the situation and help choose the effective fire damage restoration methods that would be most effective for your property.
Have you had a fire recently? Contact us today at (440) 577-5444 or online to schedule your free fire or smoke damage cost estimate in Cleveland, Akron, Wooster, and nearby Ohio.
Speedy fire damage restoration in OH
It's vital that fire restoration is done quickly following fire damage. Within hours if possible. While the cleaning process should not begin until its verified that there is no further damage by professionals like ServiceMaster by Disaster Recon, it is still important to have experts on the scene quickly.
Mold damage can begin in as little as 24 hours after saturation of building materials. This damage can affect all organic surfaces and can be much more expensive than the fire damage itself. Waiting even a single day to begin can greatly compound the damage, cost, and restoration time needed.
Our proven fire damage restoration process:
- Inspecting the structural integrity of the building for safety.
- Identifying the source to determine the type of fire that occurred.
- Evaluating all areas that suffered water damage as a result of fire suppression efforts to identify those that may need treatment.
- Remediating water damage (if any).
- Evaluating sensitive materials that may be damaged as a result of smoke and soot particles.
Removing contents from the building, including:
- Collecting immediate items you may need to operate your business remotely.
- Securing removal, storage, and cleaning of sensitive files and data storage devices.
- Salvaging of product stock, raw materials, commodities, and machinery.
- Packing out the remaining contents for cleaning and storage.
Performing structural restoration, including:
- Removing of any charred contents that may seal in smoke such as insulation and burned wood.
- Evaluating carpets and floor coverings that may need to be removed.
- Treating affected surfaces for smoke odors and sealing to keep any leftover odors from leaking back into the building.
- Cleaning, eliminating odors and deodorizing surfaces to pre-loss condition
- Returning items to the original location and helping to restore your normal operation.
Smoke damage removal and restoration
Smoke is probably the most effective way to quickly soil just about every surface of your commercial building, short of inviting a dozen preschoolers to lunch. While smoke and soot damage often occurs because of a fire, it can also stem from other causes like a malfunctioning heating appliance or flue spewing fuel-oil soot.
Unlike water leaks and flooding, damage due to smoke is not confined to low-lying areas. Hot smoke travels to cool areas. It also rises to levels above the source of the smoke, such as from the basement to the first and second floor. Often, plumbing chases and HVAC ducts serve as the conduits for getting from one floor to the next.
Get a free fire damage restoration estimate to return your business to normal
At ServiceMaster by Disaster Recon, our 24-hour emergency fire restoration service is available every day of the year. This ensures that we'll be on-site when you need us, helping you restore your structure quickly and competently. We also offer board-up services to secure the building and keep out unwanted intruders.
We service the towns of Cleveland, Akron, Wooster as well as nearby areas
such as Lorain, Lakewood, Elyria, Cuyahoga Falls, Euclid, Mentor, Gates
Mills, Brunswick, Stow, Strongsville, North Ridgeville, Eastlake, Richfield,
Becksville and nearby. Give us a call at (440) 577-5444
or contact us online for a free estimate. For 24-hour emergency service contact us today!