Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration in Akron, OH
24/7 Emergency Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Services Near You
Seeing a fire strike your business property is devastating, as you see your hard work literally go up in smoke. What can be done in the aftermath of such a severe loss? At ServiceMaster CDR - Akron, we understand the frustration and sorrow you are feeling. You can be assured that we can salvage as much of your property and its contents as possible from fire and smoke damage with our expert guidance and support.
We have the proven tools of the trade that has set our smoke damage cleanup services in Akron business up for success in returning businesses back to normal thanks to expert restoration services. Our brand is known for its speed, safety, and high standards, and our goal is the same as yours: to return your property back to normal as soon as possible.
Skilled Smoke, Soot, and Odor Removal Services
Fire damage goes beyond the burned structure and items left behind. After the flames the engulfed your business are extinguished, there is much more work to be done to salvage your property and its contents. That’s why it’s crucial to employ a professional team with experiencer because the damage will only get worse without a capable handle and the guidance of experts.
Our Akron fire and smoke cleanup team knows the best way to deal with soot and odor to prevent further damage from these biohazards left behind from the disaster. We will quickly assess the damage and deliver a prompt quote for the cleaning and restoration services. We have the remediation techniques and cleanup chemicals or etched glass, tarnished metal, and smoke odors, and we know the proper way to remove water buildup, too.
Trusted Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Company in Akron, OH
Every property damaged by fire poses unique problems to restoration professionals, and the solution must be just as thoughtful as far as cleaning procedures go. Our fire restoration process has been proven effective throughout the years and is complies with industry standards, from the pre-loss planning phase through post-loss reconstruction.
When you contact our team, we arrive on-site promptly and provide a quick estimate that is pre-approved by most insurance carriers. As we walk through your property, our IICRC-trained technicians use this Xactimate tool to make your insurance claims smoother and easier so everyone is on the same page in reviewing the scope of the loss.
Here's an overview of our commercial fire damage restoration process:
- Emergency Contact: Upon discovering the fire, contact us, a professional fire damage restoration company, immediately. Quick response is vital to prevent further damage and initiate the restoration process promptly.
- Assessment and Inspection: Our technicians assess the extent of the fire, smoke, and soot damage. We identify affected areas, structural integrity, and safety hazards. This assessment guides the restoration plan.
- Board-Up and Roof Tarping: If necessary, our commercial restoration team boards up windows and doors and places tarps on damaged roofs to secure your property and prevent unauthorized access and further damage from weather elements.
- Water Removal and Drying: If water damage is present due to firefighting efforts, we remove standing water and initiate drying processes using specialized equipment to prevent mold growth and structural damage.
- Smoke and Soot Removal: We use specialized techniques and equipment to remove smoke and soot residues from all surfaces. Thorough cleaning enhances indoor air quality and eliminates odors.
- Structural Repairs: Damaged structural elements are repaired or replaced. This includes rebuilding walls, floors, ceilings, and roofs. We ensure the building's structural integrity is restored.
- Content Cleaning and Restoration: We carefully clean, sanitize, and restore salvageable contents to their pre-fire condition. This includes furniture, electronics, documents, and inventory. Items that cannot be restored are documented for insurance claims.
- Odor Removal: We employ advanced deodorization techniques, such as ozone treatment or thermal fogging, to eliminate lingering smoke odors from the property.
- Reconstruction and Restoration: Reconstruction efforts begin, including rebuilding damaged structures, replacing materials, and repainting. Our goal is to restore the property to its original state or better.
- Documentation and Insurance Claims: We maintain detailed records, including photographs, repair details, and itemized lists of damaged belongings. This documentation assists in filing insurance claims and expedites the process.
- Final Inspection and Handover: A final inspection ensures all restoration work meets industry standards and the client's satisfaction. The property is then handed back to the business owner.
- Preventive Consultation: We may offer recommendations to prevent future fire incidents, such as installing fire-resistant materials or upgrading fire detection systems.
We know you have your hands full with bringing your business back to its pre-loss state, and our goal is to make the Disaster Restoration process as straightforward as it can be. Disasters can happen to anyone, but we’ll get you back on track fast.
What Can Be Salvaged After a Commercial Fire?
After a commercial fire, the damage can be devastating. Not only is there physical destruction from the flames, but also smoke and water damage that can occur as well. However, it isn't all bad news; some things may still be salvageable after a commercial fire if proper procedures are followed to mitigate further destruction.
The first step our fire and smoke damage restoration team will take in salvaging items following a commercial fire is to assess what has been damaged and what remains intact. Many times documents or other paper materials may have survived due to being located away from direct heat sources or having protective coverings such as file folders or binders on them at the time of the incident.
Additionally, any electrical equipment that was not directly exposed to
flames could potentially still work once cleaned up and tested for functionality
by professionals trained in assessing such equipment post-fire events .
Once an initial assessment has been made of which items have escaped major structural damage, they should then be moved into an area where they will remain undisturbed until professional restoration services arrive onsite. This will help prevent additional contamination due to soot particles floating around during clean up activities taking place inside your business premises.
Our restoration team will take great care when handling these items since many times delicate electronic components are involved with their operation making them very sensitive even after surviving exposure from flames, smoke and water associated with structure fires.