Mold Remediation in Philadelphia
What Is Mold Remediation?
Mold remediation is the process of removing mold from an indoor environment. Our Philadelphia mold remediation company specializes in mold inspections, remediation, and removal. We have experience with various types of mold, which allows our technicians to remove mold effectively without causing further damage to the area.
Our mold remediation company in Philadelphia uses special equipment and techniques to remove mold, and we can perform repairs to the affected area to prevent future mold growth. With our years of experience as a Philadelphia mold removal company, we can often quickly and effectively remove mold from your home without causing any further damage. If you suspect that you have mold in your home or business, contact a mold remediation company in your area to have the mold removed as soon as possible.
Why Should Mold Be Handled by Professionals?
It is critical to have your property inspected quickly if you suspect that mold is growing. Mold can begin growing within three days. It can spread through your furniture, drywall, and structural components within a week. As time goes by, mold will take deep root in organic materials and ruin them beyond recovery. Not to mention, it affects your immune system and causes health hazards. At ServiceMaster Omega Restoration our mold specialists are extensively trained and armed with the proper equipment. We provide safe, full-service mold remediation near you for your home or business.
- Finding Everything the First Time – Many areas need to be properly inspected. This is to ensure toxic mold doesn’t have the environment it needs to thrive. This is a detailed process that requires access to the most difficult areas of your home. We apply careful techniques that won’t spread the spores further by disturbing them. Not to mention, once the source has been eliminated, the area needs to be tested to ensure a safe level of air quality.
- Proper Equipment – Household cleaners do not have the capability to eliminate mold spores. In fact, only certified, licensed professionals can. They have access to tools such as air scrubbers, moisture sensors, and particle counters (among several others). They can fully diagnose and handle the thousands of mold types that exist.
- You’ll Save Money and Headaches – Having mold remediated the first time can save you money in the long run. Money from purchasing cleaners or tools that may not eliminate everything.
Unsure about whether mold is growing on property? ServiceMaster Restore works with nationally recognized testing facilities. This helps to identify and eliminate the source of toxic mold at its source.
Backed by a national brand with over 65 years of experience, we’re your local ServiceMaster Restore® experts servicing the Philadelphia area. We work fast to get your environment safe for living conditions by:
- Thoroughly assessing the growth and damages to create a remediation plan specific to your property.
- Maintaining consistent communication so you’re in the loop. We communicate through the mold remediation and property restoration process.
We use the highest-grade equipment and innovative techniques. We'll have your property and possessions safely recovered.
Preventing Mold Growth in Your Home
While mold remediation is an important service we offer, it's always better to prevent mold growth in the first place. Here are some tips to help you keep your home mold-free:
- Control humidity levels: Mold thrives in damp environments, so it's crucial to keep humidity levels in check. Use dehumidifiers in areas prone to moisture, such as basements and bathrooms, and make sure your home is properly ventilated.
- Fix leaks promptly: Any water leaks, whether from plumbing, roofs, or windows, should be repaired as soon as possible. Even small leaks can lead to mold growth if left unaddressed.
- Ensure proper ventilation: Proper airflow is essential in preventing mold growth. Use exhaust fans in kitchens and bathrooms to remove excess moisture, and open windows regularly to allow fresh air to circulate.
- Keep surfaces dry: Wipe down wet surfaces, such as countertops and shower walls, to prevent moisture buildup. Don't leave wet towels or clothes lying around, and promptly dry any spills or water accidents.
- Use mold-resistant products: When renovating or building, opt for mold-resistant materials, such as drywall and paint. These products are designed to inhibit mold growth and can be a valuable investment in preventing future mold issues.
By following these preventive measures, you can significantly reduce the risk of mold growth in your home. However, if you do encounter a mold problem, our professional mold remediation services are here to help.