Residential Mold Removal Services in Bridge City
Local Professionals Eliminating Mold in Homes
When it comes to the safety of your home and family, the team at ServiceMaster by TLC is here to help. Our licensed and insured professionals see all types of mold growth in houses, and we understand the effects it can have, which is why we get to work quickly to mitigate growth and restore good Indoor Air Quality.
Before any work begins, we conduct a thorough inspection of the situation to determine the scope of damage and timeline for recovery. It’s at this point that you will receive transparent pricing as well so that you can make the most informed decisions.
Mold & Your Home
Besides being unsightly if you spot it around the house, mold causes significant problems, including structural damage to:
- HVAC units
With time, mold growth will continue to spread, and infestations will worsen. We will take care of the problem for you.
Mold & Your Health
Unfortunately, having mold growth in your home does more than damage the property.
Mold also impacts your health and well-being with symptoms such as:
- Itchy, watery eyes
- Persistent fatigue
- Onset asthma
- Respiratory issues
- Throat irritation
Overall, it's not a fun experience to have mold. But we are here to help. If you spot the signs of mold, be sure to schedule removal services sooner rather than later to minimize the effects.
Signs of Mold in Your Home
Sometimes, mold growth isn't visible, but you suspect it - whether it's from the symptoms you notice or there are excessively humid spots. But other situations provide warning signs of mold growth, which include:
- Discoloration on tiles – particularly in the grout, if you notice a buildup of gunk, it’s likely due to mold growing in such a humid environment
- Paint bubbling or wallpaper peeling – any sort of warping on your walls is an indication of moisture, and if left unchecked can create a dark place for mold to infest
- A damp, musty odor that won't dissipate - this rotten smell may be due to the chemicals mold releases during its life cycle, which are also known as Mold Volatile Organic Compounds (MVOCs)
- Fuzz or discoloration on furniture – finding discoloration or fuzzy spots within the fibers of upholstery are blatant warning signs to look for
- Musty air conditioning smell – if your AC has a smell after turning it on, or there are spots forming on the filter, it might be black mold
- Experiencing recent water damage – whether it was from a flood, plumbing issue, or another disaster, previous water problems can become the gateway for future mold growth
When is Mold Remediation Required?
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) says if the mold growth is less than 10 square feet (about 3 feet by 3 feet), then homeowners can remove the mold using household products, mold-removal treatments, or even natural cleaners (e.g., white vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, etc.). However, if the mold infestation is larger than 10 square feet, or you are dealing with toxic black mold, it is recommended to obtain professional mold remediation services.
Here are other common signs that your home need mold remediation:
- Your home has experienced water damage due to a leak or even flooding
- You notice dark-colored spots on the walls
- You smell a strong musty or mildew-like odor
- Your household members are suffering from adverse health effects (e.g., coughing, sneezing, stuffy nose, irritated eyes, etc.)
- You detect an excessive amount of condensation in your air ducts
What is Involved With Mold Remediation?
Mold remediation involves identifying, removing, sanitizing and restoring a space affected by toxic mold growth.
When you hire ServiceMaster by TLC for mold remediation, our specialists arrive in protective gear arriving at the affected location and remove porous material with mold that can’t be cleaned. The mold-infested material is placed in sealed bags or containers and removed from the space. Non-porous surfaces that can be cleaned are cleaned and thoroughly disinfected.
The entire affected space is then treated with antimicrobial mold remediation products designed to sanitize the area and kill any remaining mold or bacteria. The final step is typically to cover the affected area with a coating of paint or sealant that contains and encapsulates any remaining mold spores so that the growth cannot start up again or spread to other surfaces. When dealing with moldy areas larger than 10 square feet or potentially toxic mold, it’s best to leave its removal to trained experts like the technicians at ServiceMaster by TLC in Bridge City, TX.
Get in touch with our team today for mold removal services in Bridge City.