WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION IN JONESBORO, AR
Water damage can cause major problems for a home, such as rotting wood, mold growth and corrosion of metal fixtures. Other signs of possible water damage in your home include:
- Water stains: When water penetrates a surface, it can leave visible stains as it dries. If the source of the water is not addressed, it can lead to mold growth.
- Peeling or bubbling paint/wallpaper: Bubbling or warping can result from water damage.
- Musty odors/mold growth: A damp, musty odor is often a sign of moisture and possible water damage in hidden areas like walls or flooring.
- Warped wood floors: Wood floors often buckle, warp, or cup when exposed to water.
- Stains/softness in walls/baseboards: Soft spots in drywall or baseboards can indicate water damage behind the surface.
- Dampness around windows/doors: Water may seep into your home through gaps around windows and doors, leaving damp spots on surrounding walls and floors.
- High humidity levels: Humidity levels above 60% can lead to condensation forming on surfaces like windows and mirrors, which could eventually cause water damage if left unchecked.
In order to restore the home back to its original condition, it is important to hire a water damage restoration company that specializes in cleaning up after water disasters. If you notice any of these signs within your home, contact ServiceMaster Restoration by Advanced - Jonesboro today.
What Does the Water Restoration Process Involve?
- Assessment: The process begins with an assessment of the extent of the damage by trained professionals who will then determine what needs to be done in order to fix it.
- Water Removal & Extraction: This step may include using powerful water vacuums or other water extraction equipment to remove standing water or soaked materials like carpet.
- Drying & Dehumidifying: We use advanced drying and dehumidifying equipment to dry your home quickly
- Clean-Up: Surfaces are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized. We’ll work with you to decide what’s salvageable or what should be thrown away due to extensive damage.
If needed we can also perform a mold inspection. Mold can develop in as little as 24-48 hours, so mold testing can be hugely beneficial in this stage of the restoration process. We’ll be happy to provide mold remediation services if necessary to ensure ultimate safety in your home.
Preventing Future Water Damage in Your Home
While our team is here to help with water damage restoration, it's also important to take steps to prevent water damage in the future. Here are some tips to help protect your home moving forward:
- Regularly inspect and maintain your plumbing system, including checking for leaks and repairing any issues promptly.
- Ensure proper drainage around your home, including keeping gutters and downspouts clear of debris and directing water away from your foundation.
- Install a sump pump in your basement or crawl space to help prevent flooding during heavy rainstorms.
- Check for and repair any roof leaks or damage to prevent water from entering your home.
- Consider installing a water leak detection system to alert you to any potential leaks or water damage in your home.
By taking proactive measures to prevent water damage, you can help protect your home and avoid the need for extensive water damage restoration in the future. If you do experience water damage, our team is here to provide professional and efficient restoration services to help get your home back to its previous state.
Why Hire a Professional Water Restoration Company?
Hiring water remediation professionals ensure that all matters of restoration are taken care of properly. This will allow your home to be restored quickly and safely without any further complications down the line from improper repair work or lingering moisture issues. In addition, by partnering with ServiceMaster Restoration by Advanced - Jonesboro specifically, you’ll be working with a company that is backed by a brand with 65 years of experience in restoring homes. Our tried and true methods are trusted by homeowners everywhere.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will ServiceMaster Restore work with my insurance company during the restoration process?
Yes. We understand the importance of a smooth insurance claims process, and we work closely with most insurance companies to help streamline it. Our team can assist in documenting the damage, providing necessary information to your insurance adjuster, and ensuring a transparent and efficient claims resolution.
How long does the water damage restoration process typically take?
This depends on the extent and severity of the water damage. Our experts aim to complete the restoration process quickly while ensuring thorough and effective results. We will provide you with a detailed timeline during the initial assessment and keep you informed of progress throughout the restoration.
Do I need to move out of my home during the water damage restoration process?
In many cases, residents can remain in their homes during the restoration process. However, in situations where extensive damage or safety concerns exist, we may recommend temporary relocation.