Water Damage Restoration in Lake County, IN
Water Restoration Near You
Water damage is one of the most common and potentially destructive threats to your Lake County, IN, property. Simple leaks, sudden floods, or burst pipes can interrupt your business and your life. At ServiceMaster Restoration by Tekton, we work to mitigate the the severity of the damage and guide your commercial and residential properties to a complete recovery.
Looking for dependable restoration companies near you? Dial (219) 255-3422 or contact us online to get started!
Signs Of Water Damage
It's important to recognize the signs of water damage so they can be addressed right away. The longer you wait to fix water damage, the higher the cost of repairs will be. This is due to the need for mold remediation and replacement of housing structures like sheetrock and studs.
Here are a few signs of water damage you can keep an eye out for:
- Dark or Wet Spots - If you notice discoloration on your ceiling or walls, these are likely water marks that are indicating a leak or humidity issue.
- Crackling, Bubbling, or Flaking - The presence of water will cause paint and drywall to start warping.
- Pooling Water or Puddles - Don't ignore a reappearing puddle of water, find the source immediately!
- Sounds of Running Water - Sometimes you may not see water, but you can hear it. If you hear running water behind a wall, call a professional!
- Utility Bill Spikes - A sudden increase in your utility bill could indicate a leaky pipe somewhere in or around your home.
- Damp, Musty Smells - Unfortunately, if you're smelling a musty odor, this usually indicates water and mold damage.
If you notice any of the above, it's time to call your local water remediation expert. Trust us, it's better to be safe than sorry! Letting water damage fester can result is very dangerous and expensive mold issues later down the line.
Dial (219) 255-3422 to consult with a water removal specialist in Lake County today!
Emergency Water Damage Mitigation Services
Water damage becomes more severe the longer it goes untreated. Damp environments can quickly lead to rot, mold, and structural decay. This is why speed is a priority for our restoration teams. Our Burns Harbor water damage mitigation experts are dispatched within four hours of any emergency call. We help you confirm the severity of the damage and work with you to determine the most effective mitigation techniques. With ServiceMaster Restoration by Tekton, recovery happens on your terms and on your timeline.
Following an initial assessment, the mitigation process can begin. Depending on the damage in question, mitigation may include:
- Initial Assessment: We assess the extent and source of the damage to determine our action plan.
- Water Extraction: We swiftly and thoroughly extract standing water from the affected area using specialized equipment to prevent further damage.
- Drying and Dehumidification: We deploy high-powered air movers and dehumidifiers to dry out surfaces, structures, and contents, reducing moisture levels to prevent mold and further damage.
- Content Removal: We safely remove items and belongings within the affected area for drying, cleaning, and restoration.
- Cleaning and Sanitization: We thoroughly clean and sanitize surfaces and contents to prevent mold growth and ensure a safe environment.
- Structural Repairs: We assess and repair any structural damage, restoring the affected area to its pre-damage condition.
- Monitoring: We closely monitor the drying process to ensure the area reaches appropriate moisture levels for complete restoration.
- Final Inspection: We conduct a comprehensive evaluation of the mitigation process to confirm that the property is dry and safe.
- Documentation: We compile detailed records of the mitigation process, including before-and-after photos and moisture levels, for insurance claims and records.
- Reconstruction: If necessary, we begin the reconstruction phase to restore the property to its original state.
- Preventive Measures: We may provide recommendations to prevent future water damage issues, such as improved drainage or reinforced sealing.
Each of these steps is taken to ensure that overall damage is minimized. This reduces repair time, cuts costs, and gets you back home or back in business as quickly as possible.
Lake County Water Damage Restoration experts
In severe water damage scenarios, additional repairs may still be necessary. Our water damage restoration experts are trained to support both initial cleanup and more comprehensive restoration efforts. For larger repair projects, our team employs state-of-the-art restoration technology and works quickly to restore your peace of mind.
Without proper attention, water damage can rot a building from the inside out. In order to preserve your property, contact water damage restoration professionals as soon as the damage occurs because it’s the best way to mitigate any worst-case scenarios.
If your Lake County, IN, home or business has been impacted by water damage or is in need of water damage restoration or mitigation services, ServiceMaster Restoration by Tekton in Burns Harbor can help. Call us today at (219) 476-2222 or contact us online for additional information.
Give us a call at (219) 255-3422 or contact us online to schedule water damage repair in lake county today!
How Much Does Water Damage Cost?Water damage can be one of the most costly repairs for homeowners. Depending on the severity and extent of water damage, it can cost anywhere from a few hundred dollars to tens of thousands. The cost is largely determined by how much structural damage has been done and what needs to be repaired or replaced in order to restore the home back to its original condition.The first step in determining how much water damage will cost is assessing any visible signs such as standing water, discoloration on walls or floors, warping wood floors, or furniture. From there, an experienced professional should inspect further behind walls and under flooring for hidden moisture pockets that may have gone unnoticed at first glance which could cause additional problems down the road if not addressed right away. Once all areas are properly inspected then a repair plan must be created detailing exactly what needs repairing/replacing along with estimated costs associated with each item listed out separately so you know exactly where your money is going when it comes time for payment.