WILDFIRE PREPAREDNESS in Milpitas
ADVANCED PLANNING CAN SAVE YOUR BUSINESS or Commercial Property
Every year, wildfires inflict heavy losses on business throughout the country. This is especially true in the West and Southwest regions of the U.S. During the summer and early fall when hot and dry conditions peak, the risk for wildfires rises. However, there are steps you can take to minimize the risk of damage to your business or commercial property. One goal is for your business to be able to recover more quickly if the worst happens.
At ServiceMaster Restoration Services - South Bay, our Milpitas wildfire damage restoration professionals have your back. We have the knowledge and expertise to take on the toughest challenges. We are provide personalized assistance to solve the situation quickly and efficiently. Whether you need help after a wildfire or guidance with putting together a pre-loss plan for your business, our team is here for you.
GETTING PREPARED for Wildfire Season
ServiceMaster Restoration Services in South Bay offers pre-loss planning services for businesses. We can help make sure your business has a plan for disasters or devastating losses. We also have some tips on wildfire preparedness, so you can be proactive in reducing the risk of fire on your commercial property.
Here are some steps you can take today to reduce your risk and minimize potential loss:
- Keep lawns trimmed, leaves raked, and the roof and rain gutters free from debris.
- Remove branches hanging above and around your property.
- Store flammable materials, liquids, and solvents in metal containers. Keep them outside your property at least 30 feet away from structures and wooden fences.
- Clearly mark the entrance to your property with address signs that can be seen easily from the road.
- Use fire-resistant draperies for added window protection.
- Make sure water sources such as hydrants and ponds are accessible to the fire department.
- Cover all exterior vents, attics, and eaves with metal mesh screens. They should be no larger than 1/4 inch to prevent debris from collecting and to keep sparks out.
If your business is in a potential path of an active wildfire, take these actions right away:
- Close all interior doors and windows to prevent drafts.
- Turn off propane tanks.
- Shut off gas at the meter. Only a qualified professional can safely turn the gas back on.
Our experienced and professional team is available 24/7 for emergencies. This includes natural disasters like wildfires. Are you proactively preparing your business for a wildfire in Milpitas? Do you require assistance recovering from the destruction caused by a wildfire? Our Milpitas restoration service professionals are here for you.
Call ServiceMaster Restoration Services - South Bay today at (408) 547-4076.