Water Damage Restoration in San Diego
Dependable SAN DIEGO WATER DAMAGE REPAIR SPECIALISTS
Everyone feels overwhelmed in the first moments of dealing with water damage or flooding. Causes of flooding can happen at the most inconvenient moment, whether it's from broken appliances or plumbing failure.
Time is precious when standing water lingers and your furniture and sentimental belongings are soaking wet. Any delay can lead to greater damage and expense. When disaster strikes, ServiceMaster Absolute Water & Fire Damage Services has the reliable water damage specialists you need!
Our water damage restoration experts are on standby 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to mitigate water spread, mold, and restore your damaged property with expertise and urgency.
We Utilize a Proven Water Damage Restoration Process
We are backed by a national franchise brand that stands behind 65+ years of quality service. This means we have the support system and inherited knowledge necessary to confront any water damage challenge.
We can handle flooded basements, leaky washing machines, or pesky plumbing malfunctions with our state-of-the-art extraction equipment, powerful truck-mounted cleaning tools, health-sensitive cleaning solutions and well-proven techniques to get the job done right.
San Diego Water Damage Repair Processes You Can Trust
We have streamlined our water damage repair process into five easy steps:
- We assess the source of the problem. We calculate the full scope of water damage to plan mitigation efforts.
- We present restoration options so you can choose a repair plan that suits your needs and budget.
- If flooded, we use high-quality, industrial equipment to pump out standing water from your home or business.
- We install fans and other equipment. This quickly and effectively dries the wet space to combat the spread of mold spores.
- We use industry-grade dehumidifiers to remove leftover moisture. This prevents proliferation of mold and continued structural damage.
How Long Does Drying Out Water Damage Usually Take?
Drying out water damage can take anywhere from 12 hours to multiple days. Timelines depend on the severity of the damage. The drying portion of most water restoration projects last from 3 to 5 days. Larger leaks, severe flooding, and bigger areas will take longer. After drying is complete, more time may be needed for reconstruction and repairs.
How to Mitigate Water Damage
Has an undetected leak, sudden flood, powerful storm, or broken appliance inundates your business or home?
We suggest the following steps:
- Stay calm and be careful. If the flooding is caused by an internal leak, close your water main or shut-off valve to stop further flooding. Keep in mind that uncontained water can be a serious electrical danger. If you can access a circuit breaker without entering a flooded zone, promptly shut off the power. Unplug or remove any electrical devices, then immediately contact a professional electrician and water damage specialist. If you have any trouble with these steps, call (619) 492-5084 right away.
- Remove the water. If the power is off and no electrical hazards persist, the water must be removed. A sump pump or any water extraction equipment is of the highest order and ServiceMaster Absolute Water & Fire Damage Services has industry-leading technologies and machines which enable us to expedite the process.
- Dry out damaged materials. Move everything damp to a dry space to maximize air movement. We want to limit the spread of water, halt mold, and help evaporate stagnant moisture. Lift and tack up any curtains or draperies or upholstered furniture skirts. Make sure to put aluminum foil under the legs of your furniture that is contact with wet carpet to prevent any staining.
- Air out – Enclosed spaces rarely dry without assistance. Our industrial dehumidifiers suck out moisture with speed and efficiency.
- Prevent mold – Wet, humid areas nurture mold. After drying and airing out, a purifier is beneficial to eliminate spores.
How Expensive is Water Damage Repair?
According to an article updated by Angi HomeAdvisor on August 30, 2022, depending on the severity of the water damage to your home, restoration may cost anywhere from $1,300 to $5,500 for water damage repair. This range is based on projects completed through HomeAdvisor. If your home had undergone water damage, reach out to ServiceMaster Absolute Water & Fire Damage Services for a more accurate estimate by dialing (619) 492-5084.
Water damage restoration cost varies depending on how severely your property was damaged, the type of water damage you have, and where it happened. There may also be additional costs such as mold remediation and more. Be sure to reach out to your insurance to know how to properly document your water damage for insurance claims.
What Type of Water Damage Do I Have?
Only a qualified water damage restoration specialist can determine the category or class of your water damage. Each category is based on how clean the water is and how much area is affected.
Below is the average water damage restoration cost per square foot based on the water damage category:
- Category 1 (Clean Water): $3 to $4 per square foot
- Category 2 (Grey Water): $4 - $6.40 per square foot
- Category 3 (Black Water): $7 - $7.50
Again, these numbers are based on data from projects from HomeAdvisor. Please reach out to the water damage restoration specialists at ServiceMaster Absolute Water & Fire Damage Services for an accurate estimate.
Water damage is always scary. We sincerely respect the value of your beloved antiques, heirlooms, furniture, and private property. Let ServiceMaster Absolute Water & Fire Damage Services back you up. You can rest assured that every effort will be made to save what is salvageable.