Water Damage Restoration in Irving, TX
Serving the Irving, TX area since 1978.
Water damage remains a major risk for property owners in Irving, TX in 2020. This is because of the ways in which water can cause damage, as well as the variety of events that can result in excess water on your property to the point you require profressional disaster restoration services.
At ServiceMaster of North Texas, we provide water damage restoration services to property owners in Irving, TX. We offer 24/7 emergency response to floods and other water damage scenarios, with services from some of the best water restoration technicians in the industry.
Problems Caused by Water Damage
Water will spread quickly throughout a structure even if you don’t first notice it. Porous building materials will weaken and rot, and any wood, drywall, or flooring will become vulnerable to damage.
To make matters worse, mold will soon begin to grow if the water is not cleaned up quickly by a professional water damage restoration company.
If you have standing water in your basement, rainwater has entered your home, or even if your kitchen has flooded, contact a water restoration crew immediately. Any amount of water can quickly become an emergency.
The Water Damage Restoration Process
Our water damage restoration crew has seen it all when it comes to different disaster scenarios involving water. Get professionals who have been servicing water damage in Irving, TX since 1978.
There are a number of ways water can appear in places that it doesn’t belong. Several of the most frequent water damage cases that we see in Irving, TX include:
- Burst pipes
- Appliance malfunctions
- Sewage backups
- Major storms
When these events occur, your building and its contents are at risk of becoming severely or permanently damaged if immediate water damage restoration is not put in place
This is because water can easily penetrate porous materials to cause discoloration, warping, and similar effects. Then, it will continue to spread to other areas. This is not good news for your floors, walls, furnishings, woodwork, and electronics.
Mold is also more likely to appear when excess moisture is present. If this does occur, we also provide professional mold remediation.
Water Restoration Done Right
At ServiceMaster of North Texas, we respond rapidly to minimize the extent of the damage to buildings throughout Irving, TX.
Our water restoration services include the following:
- 24-hour emergency flood cleanup
- Water extraction and dehumidification
- Controlled demolition and debris removal, when necessary
- Assessment and monitoring of moisture levels
- Recurring inspections and reports of the water restoration project
- Coordination with your insurance provider
- Restoration of water damaged areas and belongings
- Carpet and upholstery cleaning
- Mold removal caused by water damage
- A final inspection of the water cleanup site
Our ServiceMaster of North Texas water restoration technicians are uniquely qualified to provide these flood cleanup and other water removal services. They are all IICRC-certified and use water restoration methods that adhere to Advance Structural Drying Guidelines.
Additionally, we make use of advanced equipment, such as professional-grade dehumidifiers, air movers, and moisture meters. While we can respond within 2 to 3 hours of your call, it is still important that you contact us as soon as possible for water damage cleanup.
Giving the water more time to soak and spread will only result in additional damage.
Flood Cleanup – What to Do and What Not to Do
After you call our water restoration crew in Irving, TX, there are a number of steps you can take yourself to maximize water mitigation.
These are water mitigation steps that you should do:
- Contact ServiceMaster of North Texas as quickly as you can for immediate water extraction in Irving, TX
- Put foil between furniture legs and the wet floor
- Pick up furniture skirts and drapes from the wet floor
- Put loose items in high and dry areas
- Turn off your electricity if standing water is present
- Search for the source of the water and safely attempt to stop it
- Do not touch floodwater (it is potentially contaminated)
- Put affected items in a dry location
- Mop and blot dry with non-dyed towels
Being proactive while you wait for a flood cleanup specialist to arrive is a smart move. But be careful not to make matters worse before your water restoration specialist arrives.
When it comes to water restoration, there are a number of things that you should not do:
- Do not touch any mold that has grown
- Avoid entering heavily damaged rooms or areas that could contain electrical damage
- Don’t try to vacuum standing water
- Do not remove tacked-down carpeting
- Stop use of electronics or appliances until they have been inspected
Contact Us for Water Damage Restoration in Irving, TX
At ServiceMaster of North Texas, we do everything we can to provide exceptional customer satisfaction with our water damage restoration services in Irving, TX.
To take advantage of our 24/7 emergency response capabilities for flood cleanup or water restoration services, contact our representatives at (972) 284-0757.