Water Damage Restoration Services in Dallas, TX
Serving the Dallas, TX area since 1978.
Water damage is actually the most common disaster in the country due to the numerous potential sources. But this doesn’t mean that proper water damage restoration should be pushed back to the weekend; you will definitely want to have this cleaned up right away by a property restoration company.
As common as they are, ServiceMaster of North Texas treats all water damage restoration cases as emergencies, which is why our technicians are available 24/7 in Dallas, TX to respond immediately for water damage repairs. Using professional water extraction and drying equipment, we will attack the problem head-on, preventing the damage from spreading while working to dry out the entire property.
We will keep you updated every step of the way during the water restoration process, and we will also work with insurance.
If sewage water is present on the property, we are equipped with the expertise to perform complete sewage removal.
A Quick Response is the Best Response
It’s important to get water restoration teams on an affected site as soon as possible. Regardless of how far it has spread, all water damage scenarios should be treated as an emergency.
If you have standing water in your basement, rainwater has penetrated your home, or even if there’s a flood in the kitchen, contact a water restoration crew immediately. Even a small amount of floodwater can be an emergency.
ServiceMaster of North Texas treats all water damage cases as emergencies. Our water restoration crews are on standby 24/7 for residents in the Dallas, TX area.
Problems Caused by Water Damage
As the water spreads throughout a property, it will seep into porous materials, including wood, furniture, and insulation. As these parts of the structure absorb water, they will warp and rot quickly. Then in as little as 24 hours after the water damage, mold can start to appear.
Mold will disperse spores into the air to spread to other areas, and can create health issues for occupants of the building. These include allergies, asthma, and other respiratory issues. It will also result in permanent damage to your building materials and furnishings. If you already have a mold problem, be sure to contact mold remediation services.
But if ServiceMaster of North Texas is called before then, our IICRC-certified technicians can provide complete water restoration and prevent mold growth by effectively drying and cleaning all affected building materials. If any porous materials have become soiled, such as carpeting, wood flooring, or drywall, they will be removed and replacements will be installed.
During the water damage restoration process, we will also be monitoring the drying process, and using moisture meters to fully assess when all materials are completely dry.
See our water damage restoration crew assist residents in Dallas, TX in this video:
The Water Restoration Process
Since 1978 our flood restoration teams have serviced the Dallas, TX area and we’ve seen some of the worst water damage cases around. You’ll want that experience if you need water damage repairs for your home or business.
Proper water mitigation takes time, expertise, and quick response time. It’s good to get a clear picture of what the job will look like, and a team you can trust to work with your insurance over any water damage claims.
Our water damage restoration services in Dallas, TX include all of the following steps:
- 24/7 availability for reported water damage restoration cases
- Emergency response for flood cleanup services
- Complete extraction of all water and floodwater
- Dehumidification of the site
- Mold removal and prevention
- Controlled demolition and removal of debris
- Content cleaning and pack-outs during the water damage restoration project
- Monitoring of moisture of the damaged property
- Reconstruction of any water damaged building
- Inspections and reporting throughout the water restoration process
- Complete removal of any odors
- Final inspection of the water mitigation project
Water Damage Repairs You Can Do Yourself
Cleaning up water damage needs to happen fast, but you also need to be careful. Dangerous elements such as electricity in the environment are just another reason to get a professional water restoration team on the property immediately.
However, there are a number of ways you can be proactive towards water damage restoration in your home or on your property.
What to Do:
- Call ServiceMaster of North Texasfor emergency water damage mitigation services.
- Identify and cut off the source of water if possible.
- Blot dry or mop up as much water as you can. Avoid using colored towels to prevent the dye from contaminating the water.
- Turn off the electricity if standing water is present.
- Hang up any area rugs and clothing to dry.
- If any furniture is present, place a piece of foil between the legs and the floor to prevent water from traveling upwards. Also lift up any skirts and draperies to prevent them from getting wet.
- Try to separate permanently damaged items from those that can be restored.
- If there is a basement flood, try to fix the sump pump or call a plumber.
What NOT to Do:
- Do not enter any room with severe electrical or structural damage.
- Do not vacuum up any water.
- Do not touch or disturb any mold growth.
- Do not touch the water if it contains sewage or biohazards.
Complete Water Restoration in Dallas, TX
Dealing with water damage can be a huge headache. Don’t put yourself or your home or business in danger and get a nearby water restoration crew on-site immediately.
ServiceMaster of North Texas understands your concerns when it comes to water damage restoration, which is why we are available 24/7 in the Dallas, TX area to restore both homes and businesses from excess water.
Give us a call at (972) 284-0757 in the Dallas, TX area for emergency water damage restoration services.