Mold Removal in Willmar, Minnesota
Whether you’ve recently dealt with leaky pipes, unreliable roofing, or flooding from unfortunate weather, any type of water damage should be dealt with immediately. One of the many reasons why it’s important to address water damage in your home is the possibility of mold growth. Within 48 hours, mold growth can begin. If not stopped in time, the results can be irreversible, leading to the need for reconstruction services.
With the expert help of the restoration professionals at ServiceMaster Professional Services, you’ll be on your way to locate any mold and stop it right in its tracks
Call us at (320) 348-7792 for Professional mold remediation in Willmar.
What Are Signs of Mold in Your Home?
While you may have thought mold was only present in the fridge, mold can be found anywhere in the home under the right conditions. While it’s very possible to visibly spot mold in your home view dark gray, green, or white spots, mold can easily go hidden throughout your property. It can be found in window sills, door frames, bathtubs, showers, cabinets, and so much more.
Some common signs that mold may be present in your home include:
- Odd Smells – If you have noticed an older or musty smell in your home, it may be a sign that mold is present. An increase in humidity can cause mold and is often occurs with the sudden change in your home’s smell. When the smell is present, it’s important to have a mold test completed as soon as possible.
- Dark Grout – One of the sneakiest places for mold to grow is in between the tiles in your bathroom and shower. Often seen as dark grout between your tiles, it’s important to control moisture in your shower, as well as perform regular cleanings with the proper chemicals and gear to keep things under control.
- Peeling Walls – Whether you have paint or wallpaper, any type of peeling or bubbling should be addressed, as this is very common to see when water damage occurs. A stain may be present if the water leak is slow or steady. Usually, this is where mold starts to grow even if it may not be present at the moment.
- Warped Floors – Just like your walls, your floors can see changes when water is introduced into your home. While some flooring will react to water differently, any type of flooring that isn’t tile usually warps and bubbles after water damage occurs for some time. Any signs of this should be inspected to protect your home’s foundation from extensive damage and mold growth.
- Sickness – Have a cold you just can’t get rid of? Mold may be present. From respiratory illnesses to increased allergies and much more, mold can lead to a variety of illnesses. Have a mold test complete as soon as possible if you suspect your flu-like symptoms are due to mold growth in your home.
If you have noticed any of these signs of mold in your home, be sure to reach out to a professional as soon as possible to have a mold test schedule. Our team will perform a thorough inspection and get started on working on the best restoration plan for your home.
What Health Issues Come with Residential Mold?
Any type of mold in the home should be removed and remediated as soon as possible. While it won’t always result in flu-like symptoms, there are a variety of health issues and concerns that come with having mold in the home. It’s important to be aware of these so you can stop mold before it begins growing more and more.
Some symptoms of being around mold include:
- Runny nose
- Eye irritation
- Sore throat
- Skin rash
- Lung irritation
If you have experienced any of the above symptoms, either mild or severe, be sure to reach out to our team today! Our Willmar restoration experts are fully knowledgeable and qualified to remove and remediate any type of mold to ensure you and your family are safe, healthy, and happy.
What Structural Damage Can Come with Residential Mold?
The longer mold is ignored, the longer it can expand its reach in your home. After a time, it begins to seep into your home’s materials and will require extensive reconstruction services to get things back to your home’s previous condition.
Some of the things that can be damaged by your home’s mold include:
- HVAC systems
- Furnishings and more
Can Mold Be Removed?
Mold is a natural part of life, found virtually everywhere indoors and outdoors. This makes removing all mold from your home nearly impossible. When water is introduced into the home during a flooding or steady leak, especially into a dark, moist, or humid area, mold growth will occur if not completely dried within 24 – 48 hours.
I Found Mold in My Home – Now What?
Whether you’ve just experienced water damage or discovered mold in your home, it’s important to turn to a team of professionals you can trust. At ServiceMaster Professional Services, our professional team has all the tools, knowledge, and experience to remove any type of mold from any property in Willmar and the surrounding areas.
Backed by over 65 years of experience, you can rest easy knowing that our locally owned and operated commercial and residential restoration company is qualified to get your property back to normal working order in no time at all. We’re ready to see you through the other side of your property’s disaster.
Call (320) 348-7792 for mold removal in Willmar, Minnesota.