Fire Damage Restoration in Willmar, MN
Fire & Smoke Damage Repair from Highly-Experienced Professionals
Toxic chemical emissions, soot, and corrosive byproduct left behind are just some of the dangers posed by fire damage. Few disasters are more personally traumatizing and physically dangerous than a fire in the home. Considering the serious risks for injury and the worsening damage produced over time, professional help is an absolute necessity when dealing with the aftermath. It only takes a couple days for the soot and chemical emissions to cause permanent damage so calling SVMPS for fire damage restoration should be your top priority once the fire is extinguished. We can help you salvage and restore as much property as possible through the use of cutting-edge technologies and techniques.
ServiceMaster Professional Services provides fire and smoke damage restoration in Willmar, MN to clean up and restore homes and businesses that have been affected by a fire. Our technicians can restore fire losses of any scope in commercial and residential settings with the most advanced cleaning products and equipment available. Our cleaning products also allow us to remove soot from delicate household surfaces such as tile, brass, marble, aluminum, porcelain, chrome, upholstery, and carpeting to prevent etching and discoloration.
What to Do After a Fire
- Contact SVMPS immediately for fire and smoke damage restoration because damage can keep spreading after the fire is out.
- If the outside temperature is above 60 degrees, air out your home by opening up the doors and windows.
- If your furnace uses forced hot air, change the air filter.
- You can filter loose soot from the air by taping a damp cheesecloth over each return and supply register.
- Dispose of any food packages that are open.
- Clean out the inside of your refrigerator if you lose power and prop the door open for drying.
- Save your smoke damaged clothing for our specialized dry cleaning services.
What NOT to Do After a Fire
- Do not directly touch wood or drywall surfaces with soot damage because the oils from your hand can penetrate the surface to make it worse.
- Do not try to wash walls with soot damage because improper cleaning techniques will compound the damage.
- Let a professional clean your carpet and upholstery.
- Make sure electrical appliances are inspected before you use them again.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures on a wet ceiling.
Fire and Smoke Damage Cleanup
The technicians of ServiceMaster Professional Services have the training, experience, and equipment to restore any size loss from a fire. Our 5-step fire damage restoration process helps us clean up and repair the furnishings, content, and structural elements of a home or building:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning
- Content pack-out
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
It is important to treat fire damage as an emergency even after the fire is put out because the damage can continue to get worse and even become unsalvageable. Call ServiceMaster Professional Services once the fire is extinguished to mitigate the damage and get your home or building in Willmar, MN back to its original condition. We are available 24 hours a day at (320) 348-7792 to respond to fire damage emergencies in Willmar, MN.