Baton Rouge Water Damage Restoration
Fast & Reliable Restoration Services
Water damage can come from any number of sources. Whether you’ve experienced a broken water heater or flooding due to rain, water damage can leave a lasting impression on your home. ServiceMaster Restoration and Mitigation by Kennedy is here to help. We offer high quality water damage restoration services in Baton Rouge and the surrounding areas, helping you quickly get back to normal after your property has been damaged by flooding.
Time is of the essence when it comes to addressing water damage, as ignoring excess water in your home can damage its structure, your furniture, your personal possessions, and may even lead to the growth of dangerous mold. The restoration experts at ServiceMaster Restoration and Mitigation by Kennedy are here for you and will fix your water damage woes quickly and efficiently.
For more info About water damage restoration services or to schedule an appointment, call (225) 396-4435 today.
The Water Damage Restoration Process
The restoration process is focused on repairing the damage to your home or property that was caused by excess water and flooding. Our experts focus on reconstructing your home to restore it back to its habitable state, as if the water damage never happened at all.
Typical water damage restoration can include:
- The replacement of walls and floors that were damaged by water
- The elimination of mold and the prevention of future growth
- Roof repairs
- Testing humidity and moisture levels to ensure that all water damage issues have been resolved
Our goal at ServiceMaster Restoration and Mitigation by Kennedy is to return your home to its pre-loss condition. After we are done, you will be able to enjoy a clean, safe, damage-free home!
Water Mitigation Services
An important step of the water damage restoration process is water mitigation. Mitigation helps prevent additional damage to your home and your belongings. This process is not a repair service, but rather an important step on the way to restoring your home to its pre-loss condition.
Water mitigation can include:
- Removing damaged furniture
- Removing damaged infrastructure, like floors and drywall
- Confirming home’s structural stability
- Removing excess water and drying the home
- Cleaning or disinfecting objects that can be salvaged
Once the water mitigation process has been completed, we can proceed with the damage restoration to get your property back to normal.
What to do if You’re Currently Facing Water Damage
If you’re in the midst of a loss situation, don’t panic! There are steps you can take to keep you and your family safe and healthy before ServiceMaster Restoration and Mitigation by Kennedy arrives. Make sure you call us right away - a fast response from our team could make an enormous difference!
After you call us, you can take these steps to mitigate the damage to your home and your possessions:
- Remove as much water as possible using a mop, towel, or other device
- Move valuable items, such as art and photographs, to a safe, dry place
- Open closet doors, drawers, and cabinets to help encourage quicker drying
- Pick up wet rugs or other non-permanent floor coverings
- Hang drapery up off the floor
- Prop up cushions to dry
- Wipe down furniture and elevate it off the floor or place aluminum foil under furniture legs
While waiting for our water damage restoration experts to arrive, keep these safety tips in mind:
- Make sure electricity is turned off before entering a flooded room
- Only use a wet vac, and not a household vacuum cleaner, to remove water
- Do not use electrical appliances on wet surfaces
- Do not attempt to remove carpeting or other flooring without professional help
- Leave visible mold alone - don’t touch it, as doing so can release spores into the air or damage your skin
If you are experiencing water damage in Baton Rouge, call us at (225) 396-4435 today. We will get your home back to normal ASAP.