Expert Water Damage Restoration Services in Marietta, GA
Reliable, Responsive, and First-Rate Water Damage Restoration Near You
Water damage can wear away at your home when you’re least prepared for it. Heavy rains, burst pipes, and flooded floors can all lead to disastrous consequences for your home or business. When you're faced with water damage, you need a reliable, local team of water damage restoration professionals to respond quickly and restore your property. ServiceMaster Restoration Services - Marietta is here to provide expert water damage restoration services that you can trust when you need it most.
Water damage doesn't happen only during business hours, and neither do we. We offer emergency water damage restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, every day of the year. Our rapid response water damage restoration team is always ready to provide response immediate help, so you can depend on us to come to your home or business whenever you need.
What Causes Water Damage?
Water damage can be caused by many different reasons and circumstances. It's important to be aware of these potential causes to help prevent or address them effectively.
Common causes of water damage include:
- Leaky or Burst Pipes: A major source of water damage in homes is plumbing issues. Leaky or burst pipes, whether due to age, corrosion, freezing, or physical damage, can release a significant amount of water into your property.
- Appliance Failures: Malfunctions in household appliances, such as dishwashers, washing machines, and water heaters, can lead to water damage. Hoses, connectors, or seals can deteriorate over time, causing leaks.
- Roof Leaks: A damaged or poorly maintained roof can allow rainwater to seep into your home. Roof leaks often lead to water damage in ceilings, walls, and insulation.
- Heavy Rainfall and Flooding: Weather-related events, like heavy rainfall, storms, or flash floods, can overwhelm drainage systems and result in water intrusion. Homes in flood-prone areas are particularly vulnerable.
- Sewer Backups: When the municipal sewer system becomes overloaded or blocked, sewage can back up into homes, causing extensive water damage and posing health risks.
- Foundation Cracks: Cracks or gaps in a home's foundation can allow groundwater to enter, especially during periods of high water tables or heavy rains.
- HVAC Issues: Problems with heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems can lead to water damage. Condensation, clogged drains, or damaged components may contribute to moisture issues.
- Improperly Sealed Windows and Doors: Gaps or poor seals around windows and doors can allow rainwater to infiltrate your home. Regular maintenance and sealing can prevent this type of water damage.
- Clogged Gutters and Downspouts: When gutters and downspouts become clogged with leaves, debris, or ice, they can't channel rainwater away from the roof and foundation properly, increasing the risk of water damage.
- Natural Disasters: Events like earthquakes, hurricanes, and wildfires can lead to water damage through various means, such as broken water lines, storm surges, or fire-fighting efforts.
Understanding the potential causes of water damage is the first step in mitigating and preventing it. Regular maintenance, prompt repairs, and preparedness for unexpected events can go a long way in safeguarding your property from costly water damage.
If you do suffer water damage, contact ServiceMaster Restoration Services - Marietta today for fast and reliable water damage mitigation and restoration services in Marietta, GA.
What is The Difference Between Water Damage Restoration and Mitigation?
Water damage restoration and water damage mitigation are two distinct phases of addressing water damage in a property, although they are often used interchangeably.
Mitigation refers to the initial process of preventing further damage and minimizing the impact of water damage after it has happened. The primary goal of water damage mitigation is to stabilize the affected area and prevent additional damage from occurring.
Restoration, meanwhile, means restoring your home or business to its original condition before the damage took place. Restoration tasks include:
- Drying out remaining moisture,
- Cleaning and sanitizing affected areas,
- Repairing or replacing damaged building materials
- Addressing any mold or mildew issues
Whether you need to restore your property after it’s affected by water damage, or whether you need to prevent it from getting worse, you can count on our water damage restoration professionals in Marietta to help you recover. Our team of water damage experts are here to offer you prompt, professional, and dependable service.