Residential Water Damage Restoration and Repair Services in Laurel, MS
Contact Us Immediately for Fast, Reliable Solutions
When water damage occurs in your home, we know how important it is for you to get back to normal as soon as possible. Your life has been completely disrupted by this unplanned disaster, and you need to rely on someone you can trust to take care of your home. At ServiceMaster Action Cleaning our professional team of licensed and insured water damage restoration technicians in Laurel will make sure your property is restored as quickly and efficiently as possible, protecting your property and giving you peace of mind.
What Causes Water Damage?
Water damage happens for a variety of reasons, including:
- Plumbing leaks
- Broken water heaters
- Severe weather
- Appliance leaks
- Burst or broken pipes and hoses
- A clogged toilet
- Moisture behind walls
- A leaking roof
- Foundation cracks
Whatever the cause, fast water mitigation is key to restoration, and this is where ServiceMaster Restore excels. Our technicians arrive onsite quickly, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. With our rapid response teams, your floors, walls, and personal property can often be restored.
What Is Water Mitigation?
Water mitigation is the process of reducing or preventing the amount of water damage that happens after a flood or due to a leaking roof, or as a result of any number of water-related problems. By taking fast action and contacting ServiceMaster Action Cleaning in Laurel, MS, you can prevent additional damage and cost.
What To Do If You’re In The Middle of A Loss
If your property has experienced water damage, there are several things you can do before our restoration experts arrive. Time is of the essence in these situations and a quick response can make a major difference in the extent of repairs and restoration.
Some things you should do:
- Immediately call for professional help. Water and bacteria-growth damages can begin within hours.
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Remove wet area rugs or other floor coverings not permanently attached.
- Do not attempt to start removing wall-to-wall carpet without a professional.
- Lift draperies from the floor, loop through a coat hanger, and hang them on a drapery rod.
- Wipe furniture, prop up wet cushions to dry, and place aluminum foil under furniture legs.
- Move photos, paintings, and art objects to a safe, dry location.
- Pack books tightly on shelves until a restoration pro can begin specialized drying.
- Open drawers, closets, and cabinets to enhance drying.
What Not to Do
There are also certain things you should not do in the case of a water emergency. Adhere to the following advice to avoid injury or further damage to your property:
- Never enter a room with standing water until electricity has been turned off!
- Never use a regular household vacuum to remove water.
- Never lift tacked-down carpet without professional help.
- Never use electrical appliances while on wet carpet or flooring.
- Do not disturb visible mold.
- Do not remove books from shelves.
With a comprehensive range of water damage services, we’ve got you covered:
- Appliance ruptures and leaks
- Roof leaks and failures
- Broken water heaters
- Flooded basement & rising water
- Fire fighting damage
- Drying and dehumidification
- Burst and leaking pipes
- Contaminated water & sewage backups
- Content and document drying
- Carpet and upholstered furniture