Water Damage Restoration Services in Hattiesburg
Your Partner In Getting Your Home & Life Back to Normal
Of all the potential damage to your home, none may be more dangerous than water. There are quite a few reasons why, but most of all, water damage can be very difficult to find. Though many times the damage is visible, often it can be hidden beneath floors, inside walls, and elsewhere. That’s why you need a team of experienced professionals to assist you with detecting and restoring any water-damaged areas of your property. The team at ServiceMaster of Hattiesburg is up to that task. We are a home restoration company that offers a wide range of services, including water damage restoration and repairs, and we are ready to get to work to bring your property back to its pre-damaged state.
Water damage can be caused by a number of reasons, but one thing is for sure: it needs to be addressed as quickly as possible. Water damage can spread and worsen if not taken care of in a timely manner, leading to further damage and destruction in your home. Our team is always available to take your call when your home sustains damage. We are your partner in getting back to normal as quickly and as safely as possible.
Need assistance? Our Hattiesburg water damage team is available 24/7/365, so give us a call at (601) 374-5925.
Common Causes of Water Damage
Many people associate widespread water damage with floods or other weather events. Though they are a few of the causes, they aren’t the only ones. Water damage can result from a wide variety of problems, including:
- Plumbing leaks
- Broken appliances, including water heaters
- Clogged toilets
- A leaking roof
- Broken or burst pipes
- Foundation cracks
- Moisture behind walls or under floors
Regardless of what caused the damage, the course of action is clear: reach out to a Hattiesburg water damage repair professional immediately. We’ll take swift action to help minimize any further damages.
Steps You Can Take to Protect Your Home
So your home has sustained water damage and you’re waiting for the restoration team to arrive. What can you do? Quite a few things, actually. And there are also several things you should not do. We’ve compiled a list of do’s and do nots below.
Some actions you should take:
- Remove as much water as you can using mops or towels.
- Remove any wet items from the room, including rugs, furniture, and anything else you can move
- Lift up curtains and drapes from the floor and loop them through the drapery rod.
- Wipe water off furniture and prop up pillows.
- Move any décor, including pictures and art, to safe, dry areas.
- Open drawers, closets, and windows, if possible
Some things you should NOT do:
- Never enter a room with standing water if electricity hasn’t been turned off
- Don’t try to remove wet carpeting without professional assistance
- Don’t try to use any electrical appliances
- Do not touch any visible mold
- Leave any water-damaged books and documents alone to avoid further damaging them
If you’re not sure about something, the safest thing to do is to do nothing. Our team will be there soon and will be able to assess the situation and get to work. Your safety is paramount and our first priority.
Always Here for You
We can’t stress enough how important it is to take swift action when you find water damage. That’s why ServiceMaster of Hattiesburg makes ourselves available 24/7/365. As soon as any damage has subsided, we will get to work on restoring your property. Your home is so much more than just a house and we understand how stressful and even traumatic it can be when it sustains damages of any kind. We will be by your side every step of the way and are your partner in getting back to normal.
Our Hattiesburg water damage restoration team is standing by to help you. Call us now at (601) 374-5925.