Water Damage Restoration for Plymouth, MN
Water damage is quite common in homes and buildings throughout Minnesota and once water damage starts, it will continue to spread through absorbent building materials leading to even more damage and possibly mold growth. ServiceMaster Professional Services is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to respond to water damage emergencies in Plymouth, MN. By responding quickly, we can help minimize the spread of the damage which will save you money on insurance claims as claims involving water damage will continue to increase until the problem is addressed.
ServiceMaster Professional Services provides complete water damage restoration services for homes and businesses in Plymouth, MN. We use the best cleaning methods, products, and equipment of the industry to remove the excess water as well as dry and restore the structural elements and furnishings of your home or building.
What to Do in Case of Water Damage
- Call us immediately for professional water damage restoration services because the water will continue to spread and eventually cause mold and mildew growth.
- Try to remove water with mopping or blot drying.
- Remove wet area rugs and other non-permanent floor coverings.
- Put drapery bottoms through a coat hanger and put the hanger on the curtain rod to keep the drapes off the floor.
- Wipe excess water from the furniture and prop up wet cushions for even drying.
- Paintings, photos, and other similar objects should be placed in a safe location.
- Water damaged books should be kept packed together on their shelves to prevent warping until they can be treated with our specialized drying.
- Open up all doors, drawers, and cabinets to speed up the drying process.
What NOT to Do in Case of Water Damage
- Do not enter a room with standing water if the power is still on.
- Do not use a vacuum cleaner to try and remove water.
- Do not attempt to remove permanent carpeting or flooring yourself.
- Do not use electrical appliances while standing on a wet floor.
- Do not try to clean up mold growth.
Because most building materials such as wood, insulation, and drywall are porous, water damage can spread quickly through a building and become a much bigger problem. The technicians of ServiceMaster Professional Services can remove the excess water before it spreads further and restore the damage it caused to help save on insurance claims. The following steps are part of our water damage restoration procedure:
- Inspection and assessment of the damage
- Removal of excess water and moisture
- Anti-microbial application
- Drying: air movement
- Drying: dehumidifying
- Drying: monitoring
If you notice water damage in your home or building in Plymouth, MN, it is important to call ServiceMaster Professional Services for water damage restoration services immediately. Our technicians will stop the spread of the damage and we are equipped to handle water losses in commercial and residential settings. We can be reached 24 hours a day at (763) 294-7638 to respond to water damage emergencies in Plymouth, MN and the surrounding areas.