Water Damage Restoration Services for Marshall, MN
Water damage is a very common problem for homes and businesses in Minnesota because it can have many causes including flooding, heavy rain, and humidity as well as leaking fixtures and burst pipes. If you discover water damage in your home, you must act fast because even minor cases of water damage can spread to cause more extensive damage and mold. ServiceMaster Professional Services provides water damage restoration services to remove excess water from homes and businesses in Marshall, MN. We are ready to respond to water damage emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Our technicians use the most advanced cleaning products and drying equipment in the industry to remove water and moisture from the furnishings and structural elements of your home as well as your personal belongings. We are equipped to handle water losses of all sizes in any commercial or residential setting.
What to Do in Case of Water Damage
Call SVMPS immediately if you find water damage because ignoring it will allow it to spread and eventually cause mold growth.
- Mop or blot dry to clean up excess water.
- Remove wet area rugs and other temporary floor coverings.
- Keep draperies off the floor by putting the bottoms through a coat hanger and putting the hanger on the rod.
- Wipe down furniture to remove excess water and set the cushions up to dry.
- Move paintings, photos, and like objects to a dry location.
- Keep your water damaged books on their shelves packed tightly together to avoid page warping. We can treat them with a specialized drying process.
- Start the drying process by opening up all doors, drawers, and windows.
What NOT to Do in Case of Water Damage
- Do not enter a room that has standing water until the electricity is shut off.
- Do not try to remove excess water with a regular vacuum cleaner.
- Do not try and remove permanent flooring as this is best handled by a professional.
- Do not use electronic appliances while standing on a damp floor.
- Do not attempt to clean up any mold or mildew.
Water damage spreads so quickly through a home because wood, drywall, insulation, and other building materials are absorbent. This can lead to extensive structural damage and mold growth even in areas away from the initial source of the damage. Our technicians will stop the spread of the excess water and we use specialized drying equipment to remove water from the furnishings and structural elements of your home. Our water damage restoration services involve the following process:
- Total assessment of the damage
- Removal of all water and moisture
- Anti-microbial application
- Drying: air movement
- Drying: dehumidifying
- Drying: monitoring
Water damage can go from a minor problem to an emergency without the proper action so make sure to contact ServiceMaster Professional Services for water damage restoration in Marshall, MN. Our technicians use the best drying equipment in the industry to remove excess water and moisture and our fast response will help prevent further damage and mold. You can reach us 24 hours a day at (507) 480-5588 for water damage restoration emergencies in Marshall, MN.