Water Damage St. Cloud, MN
The most common type of property damage that occurs in homes and businesses is water damage because it can have several potential causes including heavy rain, flooding, humidity, and leaks from pipes or plumbing fixtures. Homes in Minnesota are especially susceptible to water damage due to the amount of rain we receive and once excess water gets into your home or building, it will keep spreading through the porous building materials until it is removed. ServiceMaster Professional Services provides water damage restoration services for homes and businesses in St. Cloud, MN and we are ready to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Our fast response will help mitigate the damage and save you from more serious structural problems and mold growth.
The water damage restoration services from ServiceMaster Professional Services are effective for any size loss in commercial and residential settings. Our technicians are highly trained and use the most advanced cleaning equipment, products, and methods available to thoroughly dry and restore the surfaces, structural elements, and furnishings that were affected.
What to Do in Case of Water Damage
- Make sure to call SVMPS for water damage restoration services immediately because water will spread throughout the building
- Mop or blot dry to remove some of the excess water.
- Area rugs and other non-permanent floor coverings should be removed.
- Drapery bottoms can be kept off the floor by putting them through a coat hanger and putting the hanger on the rod.
- Wipe down the furniture to remove excess water and prop up the cushions to dry.
- Put photos, paintings, and other such objects in a safe, dry location.
- Keep water damaged books packed tightly together on their shelves, this will prevent warping until we can treat them with specialized drying methods.
- Open all doors, cabinets, and drawers to help aid the drying process.
What NOT to Do in Case of Water Damage
- Do not enter a room with standing water unless the electricity is shut off.
- Do not remove water with a regular vacuum cleaner.
- Do not remove permanent flooring or carpeting without help from a professional.
- Do not use electrical appliances while standing in water or on a wet floor.
- Do not clean up visible mold growth.
Excess water and moisture is a threat to spread through the absorbent building materials of a home such as wood and drywall which can lead to serious structural damage. Our technicians contain the damage so that it does not spread any further, and we will remove the excess water before thoroughly drying the structural elements and furnishings. You can expect the following from our water damage restoration services:
- Full inspection and evaluation of the damage
- Removal of water and moisture
- Anti-microbial application
- Drying: air movement
- Drying: dehumidifying
- Drying: monitoring
If your home or building in St. Cloud, MN sustains water damage from rain, flooding, or leaks, do not hesitate to contact ServiceMaster Professional Services for water damage restoration services. Our technicians can save you money on insurance claims and repairs by containing the damage and we can thoroughly dry the furnishings and structural elements in a building with our drying equipment. Call us anytime 24 hours a day at (320) 208-9569 for water damage restoration services in St. Cloud, MN.