EVERY RUG IS UNIQUE. EVERY NEED IS DIFFERENT.
Rugs can define a space. Rugs can set a mood. Rugs can become part of a family history. ServiceMaster Restore appreciates this and wants to help you care for your investment so it may become a treasure that is passed on from generation to generation. The best way to preserve this heirloom is to care for them carefully from day-to-day and year-to-year. As rug cleaning professionals, ServiceMaster Restore takes great pride in our ability to meet the induvial needs of each customer and each rug we serve.
Though you always need to check the specific care instructions for each rug for best results, there are some general guidelines to reference to keep your rug looking its best:
Vacuum rugs, front and back, regularly without a beater bar.
- Keep the floor under your rug clean.
- If your rug sheds, like a tufted rug, frequent vacuuming is essential.
- Keep your rug out of direct sunlight to prevent colors from fading. Adding window treatments can reduce sun exposure if necessary.
- Rotate your rug once a year to equally distribute wear. In higher-traffic areas, rotate more frequently. Rotating your rug will also equalize the effects of fading caused by direct sunlight.
- Clean spills immediately. Always refer to the special care information included with your rug.
- For outdoor rugs, to remove dirt, shake them or hose them off. Then let them air-dry in the sun.
Traditional Wool Pile
Cut Pile Broadloom
Shag or Frieze