Fire Damage Repair in Rochester
Fire & smoke Removal Near You!
We know that fires are devastating and valuables and memories are often the most missed items. The experts at ServiceMaster Recovery By Close work with you to stabilize your home or office. Whether smoke has seeped into your walls, travelled thru air ducts, or become trapped on other surfaces, our team is available to serve you day or night to address your fire and smoke damage restoration needs.
After a fire has been extinguished, damage to your Rochester home and belongings continue. Many furniture and flooring materials are synthetic; when burned, they generate complex chemical reactions. After only a few days, those items go from cleanable to unsalvageable.
ServiceMaster Restore restoration technicians are experts at understanding the chemical combinations that can effectively clean and save your belongings, thus helping mitigate additional expenses. We can even remove soot from at-risk items, such as brass, aluminum, chrome, marble, tile, porcelain, carpets and upholstery. Not only do we clean and restore your property, we also offer pack out and storage services in Rochester.
Five Steps to Fire Restoration
When our certified technicians arrive on the scene, they will get to work quickly cleaning and salvaging valuables and repairing structural problems. Fast action can reduce the potential for damage to increase over time. For example, smoke that remains on objects over time can degrade material and cause discoloration or stains. Air quality issues are also possible where smoke damage and soot has not been carefully addressed.
We use the latest equipment and supplies in our five-step fire and smoke restoration process:
Our trained technicians will thoroughly explain the cleaning and recovery process and provide a comprehensive Fire Recovery Guide outlining the ServiceMaster Restore fire and smoke clean-up and restoration steps.
Ways to Keep Fire Damage to a Minimum
If you experience fire/smoke damage at your home or business, minimum, the following should be done to keep damage at a minimum:
- Corrosive byproducts can cause irreversible etching in as few as 72 hours. Call for professional help.
- If the temperature is above 60 degrees, air out the house to reduce smoke odor.
- Clean Formica, chrome, porcelain and aluminum fixtures to prevent permanent tarnishing or etching.
- Change the air filter on your furnace if it uses forced hot air.
- Tape damp cheesecloth over returns and supply registers to capture loose soot in the air.
- Discard any open food packages.
- If the electricity is off, clean out the refrigerator and leave doors propped open.
- Send clothing with heavy smoke damage to a qualified restoration dry cleaner.
Alongside things you should do following a fire, there are a number of things to be aware of to avoid as well. If you are concerned about safety within your building after a fire, we recommend evacuating the building immediately. It is best to leave handling fire damage to trained professionals who can repair structural damage and safely dispose of hazardous and toxic materials.
If you experience fire/smoke damage at your home or business in Rochester, minimum, the following should NOT be done to keep damage at a minimum:
- Do not touch anything with your bare hands. Oil from your hands can permeate upholstery, walls and woodwork, causing additional damage.
- Do not wash walls. Incorrect cleaning could compound the soot residue.
- Do not attempt to clean carpets or upholstered furniture.
- Do not use electrical appliances until having them checked.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet.
Extensively Trained Technicians
Our IICRC certified fire damage technicians undergo extensive training, and utilize the latest equipment and chemical techniques for removing soot from difficult to clean or delicate materials, such as tile and textiles. After a fire, you can trust your home or office building to the experienced professionals at ServiceMaster Recovery By Close, with total confidence that it will be thoroughly cleaned, odors eliminated, and your property restored.
If you need immediate assistance, please contact us at (585) 699-1261. We offer 24 hour a day, 7 days a week emergency services, quick response time, and work with all major insurance companies. As a leader in this industry for more than half a century, we’ve perfected the process for quickly identifying damage, determining the restoration services needed and minimizing trouble and inconvenience on your end.
Learn more about our Rochester, NY restoration services by giving us a call at (585) 699-1261 today!