Residential Water Damage Restoration in Phoenix
Living in a dry climate like Phoenix, it’s reasonable that you’re not concerning yourself with thoughts of water damage. There’s a good chance your basement won’t be flooding from rainfall any time soon. But water damage can happen for an array of reasons and is quite common for homeowners to experience. At ServiceMaster Restoration by ORC - Phoenix, we help homeowners return their property and peace of mind to pre-loss condition.
Call us at (623) 745-8211 for 24/7 emergency water damage restoration in Phoenix.
Call for Water Damage Restoration Services Immediately
Many times, water damage will go unnoticed for days, weeks, even months before signs start appearing. Being quick to act will help you minimize the damages and increase the likelihood of your property or belongings being saved.
Water damage can be caused by:
- Appliance leaks
- Plumbing leaks
- Roof leaks
- Foundation cracks
- Pipe bursts
- Clogged toilets
- Blocked drains
- Water heater failure
- And more
If left alone, the damage will continue to spread through absorbent materials in the home, and mold growth is highly likely. It takes only a matter of hours for hazardous mold to begin growing.
Signs of Water Damage
- Peeling or bubbling paint/wallpaper
- Walls and ceilings feel spongey
- Wet floor corners
- Musty, humid smell
- Pooling water
- Unexplained increase in utility bills
There are steps you can take to reduce the potential extent of repairs while waiting for ServiceMaster Restoration by ORC - Phoenix professionals to arrive.
What You Should Do:
- Remove items that are not permanently attached, such as area rugs or paintings, and mop up any puddles of standing water.
- Move your belongings into a safe, dry location and wipe down any furniture.
- Use a piece of foil to protect furniture legs from wet flooring.
- Turn on your ventilation system and open closet doors and furniture drawers to help circulate air and dry your possessions.
What You Should NOT Do:
- Attempt to remove wallpaper or carpeting without professional help – this can cause more damage and is potentially hazardous.
- Place newspapers down to cover water damages.
- If a room is filled with standing water, do not enter it until your electricity has been turned off.
- Use electrical appliances while standing on wet flooring.
- Hesitate to call in the experts for safe help.
If you see signs of water damage in your Phoenix home, don’t wait! Call ServiceMaster Restoration by ORC - Phoenix at with questions or request help online.
How Does Water Damage Restoration Work?
When you call ServiceMaster Restoration by ORC - Phoenix, you can expect fast action. We’ll inspect the damage and determine the best solution before quickly working to remove the excess water to minimize the spread.
Once we’ve completed the majority of the water removal, our specialists use air movers and dehumidifiers to continue drying the affected areas before cleaning and sanitizing with antimicrobial treatments.
After water mitigation has been thoroughly completed, we’ll begin the restoration process to bring your home back to pre-damage condition (or better!).
Preventing Water Damage in Phoenix
You can’t control devastating natural disasters, but you can take steps to preemptively keep your home free from water damage:
- Regularly clean gutters and downspouts.
- Keep your roof clean and maintain it.
- Hire a professional to inspect sump pumps and drains.
- Insulate any exposed pipes.
- Check your water pressure to ensure it’s not too high.
- Install a backwater valve.
- Inspect showers, tubs, and sinks for proper seals.
- Inspect appliance hoses and faucets.
We recommend keeping an up-to-date inventory of your household belongings just in case. It will save you a lot of time and stress in the case of an emergency.
Handling emergencies with water damage is stressful and even potentially life-changing. At ServiceMaster Restoration by ORC - Phoenix we’re here to help you stay ahead of the problem and will be with you every step of the way towards water damage restoration.