Water Damage Restoration Services in Bemidji
Dependable Water Clean Up Services for Homeowners
Water damage comes in many shapes and sizes. It could be from an overflowing sump pump. It could happen during a natural weather disaster. Maybe it's the result of a leaky pipe that went unnoticed. Whatever the cause, the aftermath can leave you confused and stressed. Tackling the issue quickly is crucial to ensure your home doesn't suffer worse damage.
ServiceMaster Professional Services is backed by a national brand with over 65 years of restoration expertise. This means you get the best of both worlds. We offer the resources of a veteran brand, but we also provide the care and attention of a local company. If you are facing an emergency, we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
We can help with a range of water damage restoration services that include:
- Securing your property
- Cleaning up contaminated water and sewage backup
- Salvaging furniture upholstery and carpets
- Drying and dehumidification solutions
- Assisting with burst or leaky pipes
Additionally, we can work with your insurance provider to help get the damage repaired and cleaned up in no time. Our residential and commercial restoration technicians are experienced in water mitigation techniques, ensuring your home is cleaned up and protected against future water damage.
For affordable, effective, and detailed water damage restoration services for homeowners in and around Bemidji, call (218) 396-2439 today.
Tips to Stay Safe During Water Restoration
Nothing is more important than personal safety. Make sure you and your loved ones are clear of danger before and after you give us a call. We never want you to be hurt while trying to salvage your personal belongings. To help mitigate potential injury, here is a short a list of tips to follow during the water damage restoration process.
- Don't use a household vacuum to remove water
- Turn off electricity before removing possessions
- Watch for contaminated water or sewage and stay away!
- Avoid rooms with exposed wiring or standing water
- Discard porous items such as rugs and other textiles since these will harbor bacteria and mold
The Right Drying Approach for Every Structure & Material
Drying a home suffering from water damage is never a "one-size-fits-all" situation. Every home has unique features and belongings that require the right drying technique to ensure they are clean and safe to use or handle once again. Here are some insights for flood restoration with different structures and types of material:
- Subflooring with water damage should be replaced. Any plywood and OSB affected by water is probably going to swell.
- Wood flooring should be assessed board by board. To keep boards from buckling, they need to be individually removed, cleaned, and dried. Any boards that are severely damaged will need to be replaced.
- Tile flooring set on concrete can be left to dry after water is extracted.
- Drywall has to be carefully evaluated and effectively dried since it can easily become a safe haven for mold.
- Furniture will need to be evaluated in terms of how porous its materials are and how severe the water damage is. This will determine how to clean it properly and whether it can be salvaged.
While we can deliver these kinds of exceptional offerings to our residential customers, our commercial customers can also expect solutions that help them get their businesses back up and running quickly. Our commercial pre-loss planning is just one of the services businesses owners can take advantage of with ServiceMaster Professional Services.