Hoarding Cleaning St. Cloud, MN
We have become much better informed about hoarding in recent years as it is now understood as a mental disorder and the problems created by those that struggle with hoarding issues can affect their family as well. The behaviors associated with hoarding lead to dangerous and unsanitary living conditions as the pile of hoarded items can confine the individual to certain areas of the home and hide mold or bacteria growth which can cause a range of health problems. ServiceMaster Professional Services provides hoarding cleaning services in St. Cloud, MN to clean up and restore hoarders’ homes. Our technicians are experienced and equipped to handle extreme cases of hoarding.
Through our experience with hoarding cleaning projects, we have developed an approach that is realistic, honest, and compassionate towards the individual with a higher rate of success. Many people who struggle with hoarding and their family members may feel embarrassed about the condition of the home but there is no need to feel embarrassed as hoarding behaviors are caused by anxiety disorders. These behaviors often include an inability to dispose of anything such as newspapers, food containers, trash, a variety of personal products, and in extreme cases animals.
ServiceMaster Professional Services is ready to face even the most extreme cases of hoarding with the best cleaning equipment of the industry and personal protective equipment (PPE) for the safety of our technicians. Each of our technicians is licensed, bonded, and insured to provide hoarding cleaning services in compliance of the rules and regulations of the Department of Transportation, the EPA, and OSHA. We start by gaining the trust and respect of the individual before doing any cleaning with this 3-phase approach:
- Phase 1: We reach out to the individual to make a personal connection and establish mutual feelings of trust and respect.
- Phase 2: We create a cleaning plan with the help of the individual and clean the home according to the plan.
- Phase 3: We follow up with the individual make sure they are keeping their homes clean and we will provide further assistance as needed.
Phase 2 of our hoarding cleaning services consists of the following steps:
- Salvaging valuable items including jewelry, money, and other keepsakes
- Removal of unnecessary objects
- Helping with decisions on what should be discarded, recycled, or donated
- Distributing valuable items to friends and family members
- Handling paperwork from government agencies and lawyers
- Disinfecting and deodorizing the home after removing the hoarded items
If you know someone that has created dangerous living conditions in their home due to their hoarding behaviors, do not hesitate to call ServiceMaster Professional Services and talk to one of our hoarding cleaning specialists. Our approach is designed to earn the trust and respect of the individual which greatly increases the likelihood of a successful cleanup. You can call us 24 hours a day at (320) 208-9569 to learn more about our hoarding cleaning services in St. Cloud, MN.