Residential Winter Weather Damage Restoration Services
Fast, Reliable Solutions to Get Your Life Back to Normal
Winter weather can be tough on your home. From frozen pipes to collapsed roofs, your home can experience a variety of problems that require immediate attention. The team at ServiceMaster Restore® is here to assist you when the winter weather damages your home. We are a residential restoration company that specializes in winter weather repair services,from water mitigation to fighting microbial growth. We are up to the task and have the tools, skills, and dedication to ensure that you’ll never be left out in the cold.
Our professional team is backed by over 65 years of experience and our offices are locally owned and operated. Each of our owners is an expert in your community and understands the various types of winter weather damage that are common for your area. We will make sure you get back to normal as quickly as possible while never sacrificing the quality of work we provide.
Winter Weather Terms You Should Be Familiar With
Though not all winter weather damage can be avoided, it’s smart to always be as prepared as possible. That starts with understanding the various terms used to describe weather events:
- Wind chill advisories are issued when wind chill temperatures are expected to pose a major inconvenience to life as a result of prolonged exposure. Caution should be exercised and prolonged exposure should be avoided.
- Wind chill warnings are issued when even a few minutes of exposure can be hazardous to one's health.
- Dense fog advisories mean that fog will reduce visibility to ¼ mile or less.
- Blizzard warnings are issued when the combination of falling or blowing snow combined with winds of over 35mph lead to visibilities at or below ¼ mile for at least three hours.
- Winter storm watches alert the public of the potential for heavy snow, freezing rain, heavy sleet, or blizzard conditions. Usually issued 12 to 48 hours prior to the start of a storm.
- Winter storm warnings are issued when extreme winter weather is expected, including heavy snow, heavy sleet, and heavy freezing rain. This is usually issued 12 to 24 hours prior.
Preparing for Winter Weather
Protect your home and family against a winter weather event. ServiceMaster Restore has a few tips:
- Never run an electric generator indoors, near the air intake of your home, or inside the garage
- Always have a week’s worth of non-perishable food and water supply, as extreme cold can freeze your pipes
- Have an emergency kit that includes rock salt for melting ice, snow shovels, sand to increase traction, a sufficient supply of heating fuel, wood for your fireplace or stove, and adequate blankets and warm clothing
- Bring your pets inside during winter storms
Call Us At Any Time
No matter how prepared you may be, winter weather can still cause problems for your property. When disaster strikes, you can count on the experts at ServiceMaster Restore to provide the repair and restoration services you need. Our professional team also offers tarping and board-up services to protect your home during the repair process. ServiceMaster Restore is available 24/7/365 to restore your property and your peace of mind. Time is of the essence when dealing with home damages, especially in the winter. We will help you get back to normal as quickly as possible.