Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration for Franklin Township, NJ
ServiceMaster Restoration by Complete
Serving Franklin Township, NJ and all of Somerset County and Middlesex County in New Jersey
Fires are especially dangerous disasters because they can quickly cause thorough damage to your home or building and even threaten your life. Your top priority is to call 911 and make sure everyone evacuates safely, and once the fire is put out you must immediately begin the restoration. Most damage actually occurs after the fire is put out because the heat creates chemical reactions that result in corrosive byproducts that can continue to damage surfaces and objects. ServiceMaster Restoration by Complete provides fire and smoke damage cleanup services in Franklin Township, NJ and all of Somerset County and Middlesex County in New Jersey to help cleanup and restore homes and businesses damaged by a fire. We arrive within 1-2 hours of your call to start the pre-cleaning process and avoid permanent damage.
The damage caused by a fire is often extensive because the flames cause intense charring while the corrosive byproducts and soot spread and cause more damage in the aftermath. The soot and corrosive byproducts can cause permanent etching and discoloration to surfaces and objects throughout your home, making it important to call for fire damage restoration as soon as you can. At ServiceMaster Restoration by Complete, we are ready to provide quality fire and smoke damage restoration services using the best cleaning products and equipment of the industry. Our technicians can rebuild structural damage caused by the fire as well as remove damage from soot and corrosive byproducts using chemical cleaners.
Our fire damage restoration services include the following:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
- Content cleaning and pack-out
- Odor removal
Once you call ServiceMaster Restoration by Complete, you can help limit the damage with these tips as you await our technicians.
What to Do After a Fire
- Open up doors and windows to air out your home if the temperature is over 60 degrees.
- Wipe off aluminum, porcelain, Formica, and chrome surfaces to remove soot.
- If your furnace uses forced hot air, change the air filter.
- Cover each return and supply vent with a damp cheesecloth to remove soot from the air.
- Throw away any open food packages.
- Clean your refrigerator inside and out if your power goes out.
- Save your smoke damaged clothing for restoration dry cleaning services.
What Not to Do After a Fire
- Do not touch soot damaged drywall, wood, or upholstery because the oils in your hand can make it worse.
- Do not try to wash soot from the walls because improper cleaning methods will worsen the damage.
- Do not clean your carpet or upholstery.
- Do not use electrical appliances before they are inspected for safety.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures on a wet ceiling.
The damage from a fire will keep getting worse after the fire is out so do not hesitate to call us if your home or business in Franklin Township, NJ as well as all of Somerset County and Middlesex County in New Jersey has been affected by a fire. We can effectively clean up the damage caused by fire and smoke and get your home or building repaired back to its previous condition. We are available 24 hours a day at (718) 984-6660 to respond to your fire damage emergencies.